Gaming Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates DS

Pintassilgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thiago Kotaki May said:
It's difficult here in Brazil, the game should come more or less in a week.

Amazingly, the value will be $40!
shy.gif

I would buy the game here in Brazil,I really liked the agme,but some people are saying It's only 10 hours long...

Anyway,we need a fix for the R4 or other companies will start doing the same as SE

Cynicalkitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or it could be just a firmware problem...

at Dashroms.com

Kotlol said this..

"Ok lets get this straight IT IS NOT A COPY PROTECTION! Since at the beginning of the game I couldnt even start it. I updated my firmware and encounter the same thing.... But.... my friend who has a cycloDS never encountered this problem. So far its been dated with R4 and M3 but not CycloDS. Apperently this is a firmware bug....R4 and M3 are almost the same firmware there for the bugs.

It could also be the ones getting are European DSes wich is also a bug I noticed in M3s. Sometimes when your DS is european and the ROM is USA. The game freezes or gives weird bugs.... I hardly think this is a copy protection its a bug that inniates the end of the game wich I hade with Star Fox 2 on an emulator once. If you held start during a level change you suddenly got END SCORE ENTRY and CREDITS... So this is a FULL BUG in the ROM."

At DSfanboy

"ryan_90 said...

Actually it's not anti-piracy as many including myself first thought, its just a bug in the firmware that makes the game skip back to the ending, which would obviously take you back to the loading screens, anyone with an emulator has surely experienced this, it would happen in starfox 64 everytime you pushed the start button, so its simply a flaw in the R4 and M3 Firmwares although i should just say R4 since M3 is just a copy of the firmware, A fix should be out within the next few days anyways.

Truth is theres in absolutely no way Nintendo can stop the piracy since its impossible for them to tell if your using a flash cart or not, they both operate in the exact same way."

Pintassilgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cynicalkitty said:

at Dashroms.com

Kotlol said this..

"Ok lets get this straight IT IS NOT A COPY PROTECTION! Since at the beginning of the game I couldnt even start it. I updated my firmware and encounter the same thing.... But.... my friend who has a cycloDS never encountered this problem. So far its been dated with R4 and M3 but not CycloDS. Apperently this is a firmware bug....R4 and M3 are almost the same firmware there for the bugs.

It could also be the ones getting are European DSes wich is also a bug I noticed in M3s. Sometimes when your DS is european and the ROM is USA. The game freezes or gives weird bugs.... I hardly think this is a copy protection its a bug that inniates the end of the game wich I hade with Star Fox 2 on an emulator once. If you held start during a level change you suddenly got END SCORE ENTRY and CREDITS... So this is a FULL BUG in the ROM."

At DSfanboy

"ryan_90 said...

Actually it's not anti-piracy as many including myself first thought, its just a bug in the firmware that makes the game skip back to the ending, which would obviously take you back to the loading screens, anyone with an emulator has surely experienced this, it would happen in starfox 64 everytime you pushed the start button, so its simply a flaw in the R4 and M3 Firmwares although i should just say R4 since M3 is just a copy of the firmware, A fix should be out within the next few days anyways.

Truth is theres in absolutely no way Nintendo can stop the piracy since its impossible for them to tell if your using a flash cart or not, they both operate in the exact same way."

Someone who finished the game can confirm the "Thank You for Playing" message after beating?

Vodka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkcrudus said:
using supercard DS one (HCSD) plays with enable patch, but gets the "thanks for playing" randomly, with the patch disabled load game and get 2black screens of doom, thats what i got

You must have trimmed your ROM if you got black screens with patch enabled. If you don't trim the rom and don't enable the patch it loads fine--I haven't had time to play it to see if you get the thanks for playing message with no patch, but I'll check tonight and edit this post with my results.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vodka said:
darkcrudus said:
using supercard DS one (HCSD) plays with enable patch, but gets the "thanks for playing" randomly, with the patch disabled load game and get 2black screens of doom, thats what i got

You must have trimmed your ROM if you got black screens with patch enabled. If you don't trim the rom and don't enable the patch it loads fine--I haven't had time to play it to see if you get the thanks for playing message with no patch, but I'll check tonight and edit this post with my results.

i ran 2 tests, one trimmed and one not

Vodka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkcrudus said:
Vodka said:
darkcrudus said:

i ran 2 tests, one trimmed and one not

Just ran a test of mine own--unpatched, untrimmed, loads fine, but gives Thanks for playing around the 20 minute mark. Oh well.

Tio BOB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game freezes randomly. Sometimes in cut scenes, sometimes in dungeon. And there is no "Thank you for playing message". It just freezes.

Does anyone have a Supercard Lite MicroSD and is having the same problem I am?

GDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:

at Dashroms.com

Kotlol said this..

At DSfanboy

"ryan_90 said...

dude thanks,
i forgot to check ndash's forum xP
Thanks for the info..

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tio BOB said:
The game freezes randomly. Sometimes in cut scenes, sometimes in dungeon. And there is no "Thank you for playing message". It just freezes.

Does anyone have a Supercard Lite MicroSD and is having the same problem I am?

I copied it both on my r4 and on my supercard lite, though i only tried it on the lite, since there were reports for r4, however, i´ve no had any freezes, only thank you messages.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Okaaay...Just tried this on my Ultra FlashPass EX...the game doesn't even get to the menu screen...*white screen*

DemonHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
N-Card & Clones

I have tried playing it on my n-card using u disk 1.45 (I think) - when auto dldi patching is enabled it gives me white screens
with auto patching disabled it plays....

then the "thank you for playing screen" !!!!!!

Oh well.

anyone know if an n-card firmware update is due?

Shad0wguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a DSTT and get the "Thank you for playing" message as well. Can someone inform me on this patch I am hearing about?

DemonHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you talking about an actual patch, or about DLDI auto patching? They are two different things.... dont ask me what DLDI auto patching is, all I know is that if its disabled the Rom works but you still get the Thank you For playing Moogle bas)()D!

Shad0wguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was a patch applied to the game to make it work right. I read further back, they were talking about dldi patching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just like subway they lie about length