ROM Hack Translation Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Edition - English Patch

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's cool. I'm just stupid. -.- I have previously installed a translation for Rocket Slime 3, and for some reason I decided Not to actually look at the full TITLE ID when trying to figure this out, so I thought the folder for That game was a FFI Folder created when I installed FFI. Thankfully overwriting that didn't corrupt my saves for Rocket Slime, as I would have been doubly upset at that point.

It actually works brilliantly when you RTFM&FTDD. ;P

I'll take my shame and go now. -.-

Hey, now that I've discovered where I went wrong, I can point you in the right direction. You need to Create this folder (000400000005DA00) since it won't be there in the Titles folder (SD:/luma/titles/) unless you do. Then you copy those files into it. After that the game boots up in English just fine. ;P

You can watch this guy do it if you're still having issues:

ummm you mean to create folder with title id manually?

windmill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cool. I'm just stupid. -.- I have previously installed a translation for Rocket Slime 3, and for some reason I decided Not to actually look at the full TITLE ID when trying to figure this out, so I thought the folder for That game was a FFI Folder created when I installed FFI. Thankfully overwriting that didn't corrupt my saves for Rocket Slime, as I would have been doubly upset at that point.

It actually works brilliantly when you RTFM&FTDD. ;P

I'll take my shame and go now. -.-

Hey, now that I've discovered where I went wrong, I can point you in the right direction. You need to Create this folder (000400000005DA00) since it won't be there in the Titles folder (SD:/luma/titles/) unless you do. Then you copy those files into it. After that the game boots up in English just fine. ;P

You can watch this guy do it if you're still having issues:

whoa, didnt think anyone would make a video covering my patch, thats hype

Reactions: andreiarturo

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies.

This doesn't come with a readme on how to install this. So, how to install this?
I already answered that on page 2 but here ya go.

Place the files in luma/titles/000400000005DA00

If you don't already have that folder in luma/titles then simply create one.

Reactions: NANASHI89

SpyderZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoa, didnt think anyone would make a video covering my patch, thats hype
Well it's great, why not? ;P

And maybe add something like this to to OP?

Installation Instructions:
-----------------------------------
Download the Patch (translation_v2.zip)

Navigate to \Luma\Titles on the SD Card

Create a folder named 000400000005DA00

Copy the contents of the Patch to that folder (Specifically the romfs folder and the code.ips file)

Make sure Patching is enabled in Luma (Hold Select while powering the system on and make sure there's an (X) beside "Enable game patching")

Now when you boot the game it will be in English. If it's not, you've done something wrong.

Reactions: qhost

Dew2Nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I overheard about this project and i am actually excited to try this out right away
Quick question tho, would extracting and rebuilding this as a new .cia of the game be possible or is patch applying towards the "Titles" folder in Luma the only known method as of now? Asking this because i managed to figure out Pictlogica FF in that same method of extracting and rebuilding

windmill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I overheard about this project and i am actually excited to try this out right away
Quick question tho, would extracting and rebuilding this as a new .cia of the game be possible or is patch applying towards the "Titles" folder in Luma the only known method as of now? Asking this because i managed to figure out Pictlogica FF in that same method of extracting and rebuilding
Yes, it's the only way of playing the hack. You can't rebuild this one because it uses custom code. Every version of Citra is compatible with mod loading.

QuantumLight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for this. Works great!

Unrelated to the patch, is the 3D kinda weird for anyone else? Like parts of the buildings are popped out but in chunks instead of as one whole piece.

nai_zhen

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'll try reinstalling then. Perhaps from a different source

I'll post one later, although i'm pretty certain i didn't do anything wrong and the patches shouldn't be corrupt since the game works allright
I think we have the same problem.. i had anemone custom theme and removed it and re-installed the game but it's the same

Attachments

• IMG_20220503_125133.jpg
    IMG_20220503_125133.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 119

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ