Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the game was running perfectly on my Windows 10 laptop but then my HDD decided to die. Luckily had a spare HDD which I promptly installed Windows 10 to then reinstalled everything that was on the old HDD including Final Fantasy and all Windows 10 updates. Now the game only loads to a black screen for some reason. Anyone got an idea what I need to do to get it back up and running?

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see if there are any dependencies on its steam page. I plan to buy the entire pixel remaster collection myself, but they're currently too expensive, and I'd rather have them on the switch personally.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I just had an idea: my childhood friend, @Glyptofane bought all three of the pixel remasters, so he may know what's wrong.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I'm not really sure. Steam normally downloads dependencies and then install them with the games. Could it be a GPU drivers issue? Win10 would normally handle that in an at least functional way even if you didn't manually install them.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I'm not really sure. Steam normally downloads dependencies and then install them with the games. Could it be a GPU drivers issue? Win10 would normally handle that in an at least functional way even if you didn't manually install them.

I know you were playing final fantasy 3, but did 1 give you any issues or have you tested it yet?

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you were playing final fantasy 3, but did 1 give you any issues or have you tested it yet?
I've only ever loaded FF3, which they have made some of the jobs less useless btw. I've played it on Win10 and Win7 which is supposedly unsupported according to the system requirements, so I mean it shouldn't have much trouble running on practically anything.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only ever loaded FF3, which they have made some of the jobs less useless btw. I've played it on Win10 and Win7 which is supposedly unsupported according to the system requirements, so I mean it shouldn't have much trouble running on practically anything.

I'm thinking about buying them. though, I have a pretty shitty, low-end laptop. it does run ys origin btw, which I had to go into the config file and manually edit the buttons for them to be perfect:

upload_2021-8-6_13-9-17.png

I backed up the file. it's for the wii u pro controller (have a white one for pc). I guess the final fantasy games will probably run on this.

@AmandaRose , I might buy the games in a few days. my laptop has issues with bluetooth (doesn't affect the controller), so Dell told me I could do a system exchange (not sure when though). one of the first things I'll do on it is install steam. I'll let you know if the game black screens on me as well with the new laptop. it's unlikely I'll ever buy another desktop, just like the convenience of a laptop. :D

I just need my refund from the skyward sword joycons first. the seller cancelled my order on the 2nd, haven't gotten a refund yet. then, I'll buy the games.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Glyptofane,

AmandaRose

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the slow replies everyone there has been a huge thunder and lightning storm been going on for about 2 hours now and the old Internet keeps coming and going lol. Gonna try some things tomorrow when I actually have a stable Internet connection but pretty sure I am just missing a driver or something but can't think what.

Reactions: godreborn

AmandaRose

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guess what game I can play again :rofl2:

For some reason my Intel display driver was screwed up so I reinstalled it and all working fine now. Thanks for the help @godreborn and @Glyptofane

But strange how all my other games were unaffected but all is good now.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: In a culinary / snack sense of course