Filetrip major updates - June 2012

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
logo.png

We have been actively working on Filetrip to bring you hot updates and new features. Remember that we are still offering 100 gigabytes of free upload space. Here is what's new this month:

• All MP4 & future videos uploaded to Filetrip (MP4 represent 99% of the videos uploaded on Filetrip) are now fully compatible with mobile devices such as iOS. Browse the site from your iPhone or iPad and watch the videos as if you were on a regular computer!
15572-iphonevideo.png

• You can now organize your uploads into folders. More functionality will come regarding folders (example: sharing entire folders, galleries, ...).
15573-filetrip%20folders.png

• The homepage has been restructured: you now get the latest 3 videos, as well as a link to the full list of latest videos and a few other changes.
15574-filetriphomepage.png

Other changes have also been made recently:
• You can now rename your files after they are uploaded
• Videos come with a thumbnail and extra information
• Any file uploaded to Filetrip can now be 1) public & referenced on search engine, 2) visible via link-sharing only, 3) fully private
• You can choose to attach your username & a link to your profile to the files you upload
• You can attach a link to your homepage (or to any external website) to the files you upload

More good stuff will be added to the site as we go. If you have any request you want to make feel free to post in this thread!

icon11.gif
Visit FileTrip for your uploads

Reactions: 1 person

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
very nice update
can i ask a programming related question? how is it that u are sending the parameter value only and not the name of the parameter... how does it work?
Maybe the receveing page is waiting for specific parameters, in a specific order, so it doesn't need to have a name?
I didn't check the code, it's just an idea based on your question.

edit:
ninja'ed by Costello

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there .avi video support now? Also Some Wii Browser love would be nice. I know it's not as famous as it used to be but still. I would be a very happy user if I could watch my video files from my Wii's Browser.

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am working on FTP access. With your FTP client you will be able to upload multiple files at once.
The feature should be ready in the next few hours or days.

That sounds great! FTP access will open up a whole lot of possibilities on how to use the online storage! :yay:
I hope you are able to make enough money with the site to keep everything running and cover all the expenses.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome. I look forward to having something worth uploading.

However, there's still the problem of there not being a general Android category like the iOS category.
Nevermind, it's under PDAs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)