Hacking Filesystem too fragmented

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I have been using my CycloDS for a while now and its been working fine. However, I needed to format it last night and now when I try to boot some ROMS it tells me that my filesystem is too fragmented.

I formated it using Disk Utility on OS X. I don't know if that is the problem. How should i format it? FAT32? NTFS? Or 16bit or 32bit? Also what should I use to format it?

Thanks guys.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're probably better off just backing up your files and then formatting. Defragging is kind of a waste of time.

You can use FAT or FAT32. However, FAT has an inherent size limitation so if your card is larger than 2GB you must use FAT32.

If you're not on firmware 1.3 final, I suggest you do so immediately.

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RyuKakashi said:
i believe fat32 but if that doesn't work, try fat.

you could alternatively just try to defrag your microsd
Yeah I looked into it and it uses FAT32 or FAT16. Which should I use? I cant defrag because I don't know of any OS X apps to do that. How can I format in FAT on OS X? It gives me the option for "MS-DOS (FAT)" but does that mean FAT32 or FAT16?

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're card is larger than 2gb, you must use FAT32 according to sk3tch, so if it's smaller, you could use either. I don't think OS X can format in fat32, it's possible but you have to use terminal and go through a bunch of commands. The easiest thing to do would be to grab a friends computer and save yourself the headache, would only take a few minutes that route.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU