KFM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got a post about it on my DSLinker forum ( which no one's ever looked at ) with a solution to this:

QUOTE said:
Recently I saw a post on the DSLinker forum that was talking about the LASTSAVE.sdb ( kudos to whoever told me about this on the DSLinker forum, I wish I knew who posted it ) that made me realize that there is a LOT easier way to fix this.

First of all, if you don't have a "Games" folder, make one now, as it will be much much easier to diagnose problems. Just make a folder called "Games" in the root directory, and put all of your .nds and .sav files in there.

Now, start your DSLinker in USB mode, and look for the file with multiple copies of .sav

Delete all of the .sav files from the Games directory, and the ROM, it's bad. As far as I know, there is no way to fix it.

Now go into your DSYSTEM directory and delete the LASTSAVE.sdb and restart the DSLinker.
So technically there's no way to get rid of the problem other than avoid it and hope a ROM comes out later that will work.

nizzy

Trophies
XP
Country
so how do i stop this file error then
just delete the sav files
but it will happen again thou or not
is it to do with capital letters on the game name
or not as i have read in other places

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried using a sav from another device or emulator?

I wish I could find the post, I'm sure I read somewhere someone got one such affected game working by deleting the contents of the .sav file in a text or hex editor and leaving the blanked sav file on the device. But I cannot find it anymore so I wonder if a sav file from another device would help (making sure its not the last game you just played or else the corrupt lastsave.sdb data will just bugger everything up again).

Its yet to happen to me with a game I'm interested in so I really haven't had cause to test it.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I have only had an N-card a few days but i have run into this error twice already on only 20 random roms.

On those games that 'file write error' I have been using a sc-slot2 save file for that game and it seems to work so far, but i haven't fully tested it.

example.. I got Zelda PH set to 4mbit flash and used a SC-Slot2 generated save file, hopefully it wil hold up.... /crosses fingers

I did try setting it to 4mb flash set in the menu and let the n-card create the save file as suggested in the FAQ thread, but after a couple of saves the write-error turned up again
frown.gif
.. i hope new software comes out to fix this issue... the other rom that played up was Juice2, again i used a sc-slot2 save file and set the save to eeprom64kb, and again so far seems ok.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not a problem with card software!!!
Update to version 1.45 using the .NDS upgrade file. After you have up dated, Quick format your card. Then Full format it. Now, clean the contacts very very well. Hook it up to your pc and quick format again. Now, copy over xmenu.dat version 2.54 and maybe a DSSystem file, if it is included.
Copy your ROMs to the card.
Report back here.

Franklin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
sidneyyoung said:
I have only had an N-card a few days but i have run into this error twice already on only 20 random roms.

On those games that 'file write error' I have been using a sc-slot2 save file for that game and it seems to work so far, but i haven't fully tested it.

example.. I got Zelda PH set to 4mbit flash and used a SC-Slot2 generated save file, hopefully it wil hold up.... /crosses fingers

I did try setting it to 4mb flash set in the menu and let the n-card create the save file as suggested in the FAQ thread, but after a couple of saves the write-error turned up again
frown.gif
.. i hope new software comes out to fix this issue... the other rom that played up was Juice2, again i used a sc-slot2 save file and set the save to eeprom64kb, and again so far seems ok.
I have Stable2.54 running on my N-card (bought 3 months ago) and this problem with "File Write Error" occured 3 times so far. Today was the last time.
I put on some new games on my card and started to run Hells Kitchen. And after the game started, the game came with an error I had befor on some games (like Speed Racer). Next up ALL other games on the card came up with this Fil Write Error! Just like that!

And last week out of nowhere I was unable to load Sight Training. I copied the sav-file to my pc, deleted it from the n-card and put the sav-file back on it and it was fixed!!

But now I'm afraid I have to format my n-card again (it takes hours to fully format it, and it takes ages to put all the games back on it.... bah!

jocelyn77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got the file write error with contra 4
frown.gif

and that was one of the games i really wanted to play!!

but how can it be a "bad rom" because my cousin has an EDGE card, and the same rom works perfectly, doesnt mess up the card. i dragged his rom to my firecard, and it made the file write error! why do other cards support these "bad roms" but not the firecard/ncard/clone?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...