Hacking ROM Hack Edit Conversations in The Sims 2 For PSP

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I wanted to know is there a way to edit the text files of a conversation on the Sims 2 that for example I change the text and the sentence that the character should say will be another, it is possible do this thing with a text editor?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it is normal text then yeah standard text hacking methods should be in play. Usual start for English or many European languages is to run a relative search https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/513/

If it is something more dynamic (don't know if it would be for this but I have been surprised before, and this sort of game in this sort of timeframe is a better candidate than most) then you will probably want to investigate the code. You may still need to investigate the code if you want to change what triggers with what degree of friendship or other such factors.

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If it is normal text then yeah standard text hacking methods should be in play. Usual start for English or many European languages is to run a relative search https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/513/

If it is something more dynamic (don't know if it would be for this but I have been surprised before, and this sort of game in this sort of timeframe is a better candidate than most) then you will probably want to investigate the code. You may still need to investigate the code if you want to change what triggers with what degree of friendship or other such factors.
Meanwhile I would like to change the text in the dialogues but maybe if I can I would like to change some textures

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto