File Transfer questions from a DSi

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by rockraven500, May 7, 2012.

May 7, 2012
  1. rockraven500
    OP

Newcomer rockraven500 Advanced Member

Canada
    I recently got my DSi back from a friend and I had planned on doing a file trasfer when i first got my 3DS, however I've only been able to now. I got my 3DS at launch, so I have an embassador certificate. What I need to know is: what would I lose if I did a transfer. Will I lose my GBA and NES games, friend codes from DS games that are attactched to that 3DS. Any other 3DSshop game I have bought recently. Will it simply be formatted and have all data replaced by my DSi's data? Will it be a completely new 3DS (hardware aside) if I do this?

2. infinete

Member infinete The Temp's cynic.

United Kingdom
    If you just transfer your dsiware then nothing will be wiped, as all that will be transferred are the tickets of those software's, which will then have to be re downloaded from the 3ds store.

3. rockraven500
    OP

Newcomer rockraven500 Advanced Member

Canada
    Thanks for the quick reply, Would you be able to link me to a walkthrough or give me a quick rundown so I don't make any mistakes?

4. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    do a full transfer (nothing will happen) and then redownload your software. if you delete you eshop account (which can't be done my anything but yourself) then all your eshop stuff will be gone