Hacking File share for SNES9x gx?

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me how to load roms off the network? I don't really know what SMB is or how to set up a file share, so help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case the previous post wasn't explicit enough, here's a little more information:

-"share computer IP" refers to your computer's IP address (naturally).
-"share name" refers to the shared folder that contains the roms.
-"share username" refers to computer name
-"share password" is the password required to access the shared folder. If no password is needed, you must type in "0." Otherwise, the file share won't work.

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my computer is connected to a non-wireless router, which is connected to another wireless router. Will this have any effect on the file share?

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and what does SMB even stand for?

Do I have to set up a network connection in Windows or something like that, or all I need to do it point the xml file to the folder that the roms are stored in?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SMB stands for Server Message Block (I think)

To answer your second question, I think that you just need to point the xml file to the shared folder that contains the roms. Here is how I have mine set up:

Just replace with your info and it should work, provided that you do not have a password on the shared folder. FYI - you can also organize the roms using sub-folders: For example, my SNES roms are stored in : //roms/snes9x/roms, whereas my NES roms are stored in //roms/fceugx/roms etc.

Hope this helps!

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So on my computer I just need to right click the folder I want to use and check enable sharing?

Did you also have to edit the LoadFolder and SaveFolder lines?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
So on my computer I just need to right click the folder I want to use and check enable sharing?

correct - you should only need to enable sharing on the folder you want to use

QUOTEDid you also have to edit the LoadFolder and SaveFolder lines?

you only have to edit the load folder/save folder lines if the destinations are different. For example, if the load folder is organized like this "//wiifiles (this is the shared folder)/Snes9x/roms" then you don't need to change anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs