Hacking Fieldrunners Downgrade

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi just quick question, I have a hacked 2DS and an unhacked New 3DS XL. Will the system transfer from the Old 3DS/2DS work with the New 3DS? Ive seen people say that N3DS to O3DS doesn't work but does it work the other way around?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno.Someone can steal system transfer and modify it that it will allow to do this.
[wow bad bad grammar]
It's not that simple. We probably wouldn't even be able to (re)build the application ourselves, I'm sure Nintendo has access to lots of services the homebrew community doesn't (meaning ctrulib won't get the job done). And we would definitely not be able to transfer an NNID, that's for sure.

EDIT: Christ, I forgot to mention: how are we going to modify the application if it's closed-source?

Last edited by Logan Pockrus,

zazor5000

professional normie
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not that simple. We probably wouldn't even be able to (re)build the application ourselves, I'm sure Nintendo has access to lots of services the homebrew community doesn't (meaning ctrulib won't get the job done). And we would definitely not be able to transfer an NNID, that's for sure.
So,you mean the 3DS itself has(or have,bad grammar) the full acces on the system and we cant get full access to it.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So,you mean the 3DS itself has(or have,bad grammar) the full acces on the system and we cant get full access to it.
Well, maybe Nintendo is making use of something ctrulib isn't capable of/hasn't implemented, if that makes any sense (by the way, ctrulib is a library used to build 3ds homebrew applications). See the edit in my former post, I think the point I addressed there is more important.

Last edited by Logan Pockrus,

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The easiest potential way to get a N3DS to transfer to an O3DS would be to force it to run O3DS firmware.
I don't know if anyone's tried it yet - I would, but I can't even afford Fieldrunners right now. :P

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just was in a similar situation like you. I used my hacked o3DS XL to transfer the Fieldrunners game/save/NNID to a n3DS XL on 11.0.33 U. It's pretty easy to do, except that you have to remember to copy the hacked 2DS/3DS's sd card to your n3DS XL. (Or just use a micro SD and adapter in your 2DS/3DS, and then transfer it that way.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-