ROM Hack FFV Advance

SilverKnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of compression is used on the images found in the Final Fantasy V Advance rom? I have tried using programs such as NL's compressed graphics extractors, unlz.gba, and GBAmdc. As far as I know these deal strictly with LZ77. When extracted, the images do not look as they should, which leads me to believe that this is not the compression used. Ultimately, I would like to insert edited sprites in to the rom. When I do so using LZ77 compression (whether I insert in the same place or at the end of the rom and point towards the new data), the images never work as they should.

So while I believe LZ77 is not the compression method used, it must be something similar, as the images are at least recognizable when extracted with the aforementioned programs (save unlz.gba, which does not even find images at all). Which compression could it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit:
This is how the sprites look when I see them after decompressed with NintendoLord's GBA Graphics Editor (using LZ77) for instance:

screen.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-