Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've already mentioned this in the (E) release thread, but to recap what my problem is...

So far, I've encountered two battles that once cleared, cause the game to bug or otherwise glitch to make it (currently) impossible to continue. I'd get the relevant screens for completing the mission, and when I try to access the unit/clan/save screen, it hangs perpetually on the black screen transition. The music from the world map keeps playing though. This also applies trying to do anything in the town areas, so basically anytime I try to get away from the area/world map the game just hangs. The two battles thus far I've managed to get this to happen are Komodo Search (the second one, potions in the snow), and Death March. The only two things these battles have in common are that there are weather effects present, snow for the first and rain for the second.

Currently, I've tried it on both the E ROM (trimmed) and the U ROM (untrimmed) to the same result. I'm thinking it may be possible to work around this by going to another (random) battle and quicksaving, shutting down, and seeing if restarting does anything, but that's assuming I can even get the random battle to trigger properly. I'm honestly considering getting the retail game at this point since I've wasted up to two hours by now to clear the battle and seeing if it hangs elsewhere...

On the agenda so far for workarounds, I have:
Go to another area/go to the world map and try to save.
Quicksave in another battle, shut down, restart.
Buy the actual game. >_>;

Yeah, I don't know, it's just frustrating.

Edit: Okay, throwing the battle on the first turn does nothing from the looks of it. I was able to go back to town no problem...
Edit2: Obviously dispatching works. I've already saved for Death March but I should be able to try it again with Komodo Search in a bit.

Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All right, so I ended up getting the freeze in the battle where you help one of the divas look for her instrument in the snow (gives the Raptor job). I've caved and bought the game instead. =P

Thanks.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know, thats weird.
I have an M3 slot2 too, but i did those missions with no problem at all. I used 1x, no trim, no soft reset.
however i do get white screen when i do the game's own soft reset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked