biggrin.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think you know my opinion of it.
I feel like it's one of the best games of 2008.
As far as tactical strategy games for the DS go, it's only surpassed by DisgaeaDS.
I spent over 130 hours on the game.

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
I spent over 130 hours on the game.

It doesn't surprise me. the game is tediously slow.
Battles take forever and classes take multitudes of forever to unlock. The resulting abilities hardly feel worth all that wait. The story takes forever to get going.

Disgea and the new Valkyrie Profile game seem chock full of excitement by comparison, with their flashier/exciting takes on the SRPG battle formula.

If its classic srpg flavour you're after, Fire Emblem is due out this week isn't it?
Though it has a bit of the 'uncanny valley' about it with the 3D model pre-rendered sprites and highly shaded '3D like' character avatars that still shockingly use the wooden ventriloquist dummy mouth animation. I love the look of the GBA fire emblems to bits so I found the new look a bit striking mind you.

Galacta

>:)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
I didn't really liked the second game, I spent a whole summer and more playing the first one, it's simply lovely.
Argree. A2 Has a "Law System" That will piss you off so much, that A1 is better.
Just takes 30 Hours to finish the game.
tongue.gif

Galacta

>:)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm... PS1 Tactics was the original and the best...
The remake wasnt as good as the original...
And A2, It pretty good. The 3rd best Tactics Game. LD

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The main character in FFTA2 had got to be THE most obliviously stupid and shallow main character in any rpg ever. It's idiots like him that make me think that there IS something good about silent protagonists after all.

The gameplay was horribly slow. The skill animations got on my nerves after a while. Story was meh. Look and feel was (dare I say it?) a tad too kiddy. Law system was infuriating.

All in all, one is better of playing FFTA1, which was actually superb. (Or Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis)

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I played FFTA1 for more than 150h, but I can't get started on the new one. It just doesn't feel the same
frown.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is good. the problem is that it looses so much ground between the titles. A2 by its self is lovely, but compairativily it makes me want to go back to FFTA.

Friendo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JDandy said:
The main character in FFTA2 had got to be THE most obliviously stupid and shallow main character in any rpg ever. It's idiots like him that make me think that there IS something good about silent protagonists after all.

lmao. Yeah. There should've been a better character than him.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Shitty storyline, zetta slow gameplay, poorly used touchscreen, and the new law system sucks.

There's still some good sides to it, like massive amount of unlockable classes, long and lengthy story, and there's lot of options when it comes down to customizing classes and such.

But I feel that the first game was much better than this.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yarg! The new law system makes me want to punch babies! The old one was a pain, but it could be used to your advantage too. This one is terrible.

alvisto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I like this game's deep customization about the class, races, equipment, abilities & shops.

However, what is missing is the lack of difficulty in battle, long boring battle. Damn those characters, they move so slow, attack so slow.

I like the zodiac compatibility system in PSone FFT, as well as the wait-for-several-turns-for-magic-to-be-casted system. And in FFTA2, arrows can went through wall, what the hell. I also hate FFTA2 for almost 100% accuracy of every attack & magic no matter which direction you are attacking the enemy...

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Good game, though a little bit annoying. Laws can be fustrating, story line slow and predectible. Is so hard make another FF Tactics with a deep plot like the first one?

Anyway i enjoyed it. Nice look and challenger. Grias Rlz!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo