FF7 remake being released as a "Multi part series"

j0ffxdv9wtxoes2aqqak.png
It's been revealed that the highly anticipated Final Fantasy VII remake will be released as a "multi part series" with each offering a "unique experience"

This may come as a blow to fans if this means the whole story of VII won't be available immediately. The announcement has yet to be properly clarifled.
:arrow: Source

Last edited by chavosaur,
Reactions: Chary

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wholeheartedly agree. One thing to bare in mind though:

Comparing an FFIV remake to an FFVII remake, is like comparing the complexity and immense size of a Particle Accelerator to a kids fake phone with a sticker for numbers.

So I think we all have reasons to be affraid of this.

True that, plus the biggest FFIV remake was on the DS so not a whole lot was spent on expensive graphics, but we all know the FFVII remake's gonna have the best possible graphics, likely at the expense of episode length and possibly gameplay given the quality of modern SE's work over the last 6-8 years. We need more details of course but I just can't be optimistic when SE knows that fans will eat this up no matter how much they overcharge. Generally, companies charge as much as they can for the least amount of content they can get away with but please SE, shock me and others in the 30+ crowd.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I understand people being miffed at the announcement however is this definitely episodic in a telltale way? I mean could this not end up episodic in a ffxiii or mass effect way.
Do Japanese games come episodic? What are some examples we could base our predictions on.
Some great news (imo) on the remake being multiple full games in the ffxiii vein, I had assumed it was going to be like this and today my fears have gone, I'm more stoked for this now, cant wait.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some great news (imo) on the remake being multiple full games in the ffxiii vein, I had assumed it was going to be like this and today my fears have gone, I'm more stoked for this now, cant wait.
Well square Enix has made hitman which is episodic so I wouldn't rule episodic out for ffvii

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's been confirmed that ffvii remake will be full length games comparable to ffxiii or a traditional series of games, great news
Something being comparable to FF13 is great news?

Marginally less cynically I wonder where the story breaks would come,and being spun out into full episodes. It would be a kick in the teeth but leaving midgar could be a place to end an episode, next... Cloud and the lifestream or somewhere around there? The final being the last part?

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Marginally less cynically I wonder where the story breaks would come,and being spun out into full episodes. It would be a kick in the teeth but leaving midgar could be a place to end an episode, next... Cloud and the lifestream or somewhere around there? The final being the last part?
Comparable as in a series of full length games that tell one cohesive story so yes better to be comparable to ffxiii than to be comparable to the latest hitman imo.

As I've said all along 'episodic' has been somewhat lost in translation, nobody ever said it was going to be a series of 2 hour games people just assumed this was the case, wrongly thankfully.

As for the breaks, I suppose it depends how many changes they make to the story, the logical conclusion would be for each game to represent one of the original discs if we're looking at a trilogy but at this point pure speculation.

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have not bought a ps4 yet (planning to buy ff7rmk bundle if possible) but has the capacity of a single dvd changed over the last few years? From what I see in FFXV for CE. That game is a single disc with the 2nd disc being the movie disc? So, considering that, trilogy looks possible.

Last edited by AdanK85,

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not bought a ps4 yet (planning to buy ff7rmk bundle if possible) but has the capacity of a single dvd changed over the last few years? From what I see in FFXV for CE. That game is a single disc with the 2nd disc being the movie disc? So, considering that, trilogy looks possible.
Blu-ray now so 30gig something like that (guessing could be more/less) but definitely many times larger than a dvd, ofc texture size, sound quality, video definition etc etc will all be many times larger as well so I'm guessing trilogy based on originals discs but that's more from a pacing perspective, if they made 5 games say there are many other logical 'cliff hanger' moments in the original they could use to end a 'game'

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blu-ray now so 30gig something like that (guessing could be more/less) but definitely many times larger than a dvd, ofc texture size, sound quality, video definition etc etc will all be many times larger as well so I'm guessing trilogy based on originals discs but that's more from a pacing perspective, if they made 5 games say there are many other logical 'cliff hanger' moments in the original they could use to end a 'game'
Bluray is 50gb dual layer.

But anyway, this game is an action rpg, which means I'm not interested, I really am waiting for the next great turn based rpg like the final fantasies of old

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

But anyway, this game is an action rpg, which means I'm not interested, I really am waiting for the next great turn based rpg like the final fantasies of old
There's gotta be some great turn based rpg's about right now surely, I think I played a demo of Bravely recently that seemed pretty awesome, loved bludragon and pg4 too and I bet there's some awesome ones that aren't widely known, someone will know some you just have to dig for them a bit more these days.

I too would have preferred turn based for the remake but tbh I would rather have something that feels fresh and new, as I've said before the original has gone nowhere, had an hd remake and if you get it on steam fan mods have really updated the look, just play that.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What makes me worried is that the only content they've shown is from the first 2 hours or so of the original. No Shinra Building, no slums, etc. They said they were "closer to release than you think" but I guess they meant closer in Square Enix terms.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They have triple-layer blurays(BD-R XL) out that'll fit about 100GB, and I think quad-layer blurays(BD-R QL) sooner or later that fit around 128GB or so, which is pretty nifty. The ps4 can handle them too (though might need a firmware update). Whether they'll ever use them or not, who knows. But the potential is there.

Last edited by osaka35,

WooHyun

Trophies
XP
Country
I was born a year after the original game, and just finished playing it. I've met FF series 2 years ago and have been playing them in order. When I was playing V, FFVII remake was announced, and I thought "Maybe I will buy it if it gets good reviews". But after finishing VI and while playing VII my thought changed. I liked the game, its characters, the huge city of Midgar, and immersive stories. At the moment Aerith was laid on the lake and fell into water, I thought "I must see this scene in remade version". I am now waiting for new informations about this remake. I hope it comes out sooner than thing like XV or KHIII.
And maybe with an alternative story Aerith stays alive;-)

[Edit] There were many lines in the game I can't get out of my mind, and I wanted to write them here. I want to hear all of them voice acted!
Barrett: or maybe...... cuz they love their land, no matter how polluted it gets. (to Cloud)
Red XIII: I am Nanaki, son of Seto. (in Cosmo Canyon)
Cloud: Aerith will no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry or get angry! (to Sephiroth)
Cait Sith: What may be a few to you was everything to those who died. (to Barrett)

Last edited by WooHyun,

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude, of course you can argument more about 11 pages of the telltale version of ff7. It's absolutelly vital for the life.
I already make a choice and will wait to watch it as a movie.

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, of course you can argument more about 11 pages of the telltale version of ff7. It's absolutelly vital for the life.
I already make a choice and will wait to watch it as a movie.

Okay I'm not able to tell if your comment is sarcasm or not or if it is encouragement (I'm terrible at social cues...). Wouldn't advent children already be that movie? On the other, look, if you guys don't want this thread to breath life again a mod should lock it; I'll stop posting and it'll be regulated into the dustbin of history. Should make everyone happy. I don't mean offense to anyone, I just thought the topic was interesting...

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay I'm not able to tell if your comment is sarcasm or not or if it is encouragement (I'm terrible at social cues...). Wouldn't advent children already be that movie? On the other, look, if you guys don't want this thread to breath life again a mod should lock it; I'll stop posting and it'll be regulated into the dustbin of history. Should make everyone happy. I don't mean offense to anyone, I just thought the topic was interesting...
Just relax and watch kingsglave ff xv.

Reactions: Condarkness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto