FF7 final boss help (spoilers)

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by gbaboy123, Dec 3, 2015.

1. gbaboy123
    OP

gbaboy123 Banned

Banned
    May 14, 2011
    United States
    tree with wi fi
    Hi guys so i am playing final fantasy 7 in my psp and actually need a little help, this is probably a bad place for this post so dont get angry, so am in the final boss that is jenova synthesis so the problem am having is i dont know how to beat it, cloud is level 52, tifa is level 48, and redviii is level 50 but i always get defeated by jenova so i dont know what to do to win this battle thanks.

2. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Can't remember and I don't know if your level is enough but if you're having difficulty just get out and grind some more. Level up your materias and characters.

3. ceifadorx

ceifadorx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2013
    Brazil
    she is not the final boss. i think you are underleved. my advice you need to get at least lvl 80 to beat.
    In the last dungeon has a monster who ask for elixir. Give to him (use the elixir in him) and you get a ton of experence and ap (for your materia).

4. gbaboy123
    OP

gbaboy123 Banned

Banned
    May 14, 2011
    United States
    tree with wi fi
    yeah later you fight sepiroth but thanks for the tip am having a hard time

5. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    It's definitely advisable to get the Quadra Magic materia, whether you have a Chocobo that can go over water to the necessary cave or if you exploit a glitch to land your airship such that you land in just the wrong place and you can just walk to the destination. It'll allow you to use the paired materia with it four times and it'll allow you to deal quite a bit of magic damage.

As well, for what it's worth, I have a team that's not even level 50 and I can easily make it to Safer Sephiroth.

MajinCubyan likes this.
  6. gbaboy123
    OP

gbaboy123 Banned

Banned
    May 14, 2011
    United States
    tree with wi fi
    really so you can beat sepiroth with a team under level 50, and only the quadra magic materia?

7. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    It's definitely helpful. I've paired it with Bahamut ZERO and it's absolutely overpowered towards the endgame, I can deal something in the neighborhood of 16000 damage if not a bit more when using it. However, if you do get the Knights of the Round materia, DO NOT use it on Jenova Synthesis - it adds more HP to Safer Sephiroth. and it cannot be paired with Quadra Magic sadly.

8. gbaboy123
    OP

gbaboy123 Banned

Banned
    May 14, 2011
    United States
    tree with wi fi
    ok i will try that thanks

9. Yuu Ho

Yuu Ho Author of Fighting Fantasy VII

Apr 15, 2015
    Malaysia
  10. G0R3Z

G0R3Z Just Can't Be Bothered

Aug 12, 2014
    Knights of the Round + Mime.

Pro Tip: Walk away and have some Coffee or something until it's dead.

Depravo likes this.
  11. Yuu Ho

Yuu Ho Author of Fighting Fantasy VII

Apr 15, 2015
    Malaysia
    All Level 99 + Knight of Round

12. Nonamefour

Nonamefour Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Did not know...

13. Naderino

Naderino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2012
    Canada
    All I remember is using the clone glitch to make multiple elixirs :blush:

14. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    this thread is like a month old. but if you want my two cents, learning skills for the enemy skill materia is also very helpful, if only for big guard which gives both types of barriers and haste to all chars.
    i'm pretty sure i finished the game somewhere around 50 too, so it can be done, but you might have to play around with your materia and equipment. also, you might want to think about switching in barret or yuffie with a long range materia in weapon. that way, you can put them in the backrow and they take less damage.

as for the battle itself, buff yourself up with big guard (or otherwise, cast haste and barrier spells) and take care of the tentacles first and kill both at once if possible, they got 10k and 8k hp respectively, so try to keep count and finish both with some strong magic, since they'll cast either stop or heal otherwise.
    then just hammer the main body.

don't feel stingy with elixirs and ethers now, its the end of the game and you wont be needing them anymore, so when you run out of hp, down them.

15. zecoxao
    This message by zecoxao has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Jan 29, 2016, Reason: spam.
    Jan 2, 2016
  16. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    You know this game is almost 20 years old. I don't think you need to to be worried about spoilers. If you cant find help here, you could always try to find a walkthrough over on GameFAQs