Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Hi!

a couple of days ago I decided to start playing ff3 again, the thing is that I dont want to have the original cart with me all the time so I decided to transfer the save over to my CycloDS evo. I used savsender and savreciver and followed a tutorial i found on the team cyclops forums (http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492). I got the save file over to the cyclo just fine but here is where the problem is, when I start the game it appears it doesnt recognize the save and "creates" a new one (no new save file on the cart but my progress is gone.)

I have ofcourse named the savefile the same as the rom file, the game is also the same region as the game.

anyone know what might be wrong?

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

a couple of days ago I decided to start playing ff3 again, the thing is that I dont want to have the original cart with me all the time so I decided to transfer the save over to my CycloDS evo. I used savsender and savreciver and followed a tutorial i found on the team cyclops forums (http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492). I got the save file over to the cyclo just fine but here is where the problem is, when I start the game it appears it doesnt recognize the save and "creates" a new one (no new save file on the cart but my progress is gone.)

I have ofcourse named the savefile the same as the rom file, the game is also the same region as the game.

anyone know what might be wrong?

Please, read this post. SavSender seems to underdump the FF3 .SAV, and misses last 256 bytes, where it is stated that the save is already initialized. On that post you can find the required bytes to add to your save using a hex editor before putting it to your Cyclo. If you have trouble, PM me your save and I will fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.