WIP FF12 Save Editor

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by turtle-insect, May 11, 2019.

1. Khalyus

Khalyus GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2018
    Brazil
    Great Work So far Turtle!

Do u intend to fix de character tab to work with all stats? Or 0.08 was the last update?

2. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Is it possible to add table for teleport stones?

3. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    When I open my savegame from my ps vita which I exported via savemgr I get the msg:
    http://prntscr.com/nu3ups

Any idea anyone?

4. masagrator

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    What do you not understand in the titlebar?
    Or in github
    ?

5. Chrisssj2

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Ah Okay.. Seems i mistook 12 for 10 though. But I did try to inject the right file into the save editor.
    Well still same question.
    Soo...

6. masagrator

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Soo... It's... Not... For... Vita...

7. turtle-insect
    OP

turtle-insect Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2017
    Japan
    > vita save

Can you Decryption?
    It may be available if the data structures are similar.

8. Chrisssj2

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    I exported the savegame on the ps vita, using SaveMGR homebrew. Which supposidly makes it decrypted.
    Here is the save:

Attached Files:

9. masagrator

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    FF12 save for Switch is compressed with zlib. I don't know if Vita version uses the same thing.

Edit: Nope. It's not even compressed. Switch uncompressed save is 400 kB (from which less than 64 kB is used), when Vita 26,2 kB. And they doesn't look similar.
    Switch save needs additional space for 3 sets of gambits for each person, so changes were necessary.

Last edited by masagrator, May 28, 2019
  10. Chrisssj2

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    My save is FF X 10 HD. Soo ofc it is not gonna be similiair to the FF12 one. I think it probably is possible. You just gotta know how.

11. junhaoxim

junhaoxim Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2019
    Singapore
    Please do a checkbox list instead if possible as it will ease way more than the current manual way of adding. Thanks for the hard work!

12. larcrider

larcrider Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2015
    Indonesia
    anyone experiencing dropped accessories or treasure accessories wont show and not equip-able?

13. Krobelus

Krobelus GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Vancouver
    This is awesome! I was wondering, would it be possible to turn flags on or off in a save file, so, let's say at the beginning of a new game you can already go to Mosphoran Highwaste because a flag in the save is turned on/off.

14. Harvin26

Harvin26 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2017
    me, im looking too why and no answer to the internet so this maybe a save edit bug

15. Starshield

Starshield Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2019
    United States
    Can you convert a savefile from Switch to be played on the PC version of the game with this?

16. larcrider

larcrider Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2015
    Indonesia
    seems this is bug, I posted this issue on github

17. Harvin26

Harvin26 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2017
    started a new game and used a sx os cheat instead, this bug is a major one since accessories are important. also not all items are in the save editor eg. shock mote

18. larcrider

larcrider Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2015
    Indonesia
    i dont want to lose my 20+ hours play time :unsure:, very very important like we need dawn shard equipped to open portal

this is what happen to me

Every accessories dropped from monster or treasure box or even from event (example: dawn shard) are not showed on inventory list, so its not equip-able.
    When go to merchant npc and buy the 'invicible' accessories, the ui show I have them like 2 on inventory, so I try to buy them again but still not work.
    I thought it is bug from the game so I update to 1.1 patch, but still no go. So I tried to add the accessories thru save editor to make it show and it works, this what I do to pass miriam labyrinth (dawn shard required).

If this help you, I edit some gil, add some quantity of weapon and item not accessories before this happen.

Last edited by larcrider, Jun 9, 2019
  19. Harvin26

Harvin26 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2017
    i did this too, put the missing accessories thru save editor, but since im not that far off around 5 hrs only gameplay upon discovery of this bug, i didnt hesitate to start a new one and use cheats instead, all i want is gil since gil farming is hard on this game

20. turtle-insect
    OP

turtle-insect Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2017
    Japan
    Please provide save data.
    Please provide save data when editing the [backup] folder if possible

larcrider likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted