Hacking few quick question about sky 3ds +

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. if you put a sky3ds+ into a 3ds without a micro sd card in it will and image show up that there is a cartridge in there

2. when installing backup game onto your micro sd card for your sky3ds+ do you use disk writer program?
or is diskwriter only for sky3ds

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. if you put a sky3ds+ into a 3ds without a micro sd card in it will and image show up that there is a cartridge in there

2. when installing backup game onto your micro sd card for your sky3ds+ do you use disk writer program?
or is diskwriter only for sky3ds

1.No.

2.Diskwriter is for orignal sky3ds only.

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you NintenDavid!!

few other question just trying to learn about online play (iv googled and read alot and have a few questions)

1. some say you online need 1 code header and it works with all your games. is the true ?
2. is there any way to get code with out owning an original game and the power save device?
3.what is the code from is it specific to everybody ds ? can someone not make a cfg file that you can simply add to you sd card ?
4. if you try and play only without doing this will is just not work or will you get banned ?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
thank you NintenDavid!!

few other question just trying to learn about online play (iv googled and read alot and have a few questions)

1. some say you online need 1 code header and it works with all your games. is the true ?
2. is there any way to get code with out owning an original game and the power save device?
3.what is the code from is it specific to everybody ds ? can someone not make a cfg file that you can simply add to you sd card ?
4. if you try and play only without doing this will is just not work or will you get banned ?
1. If you go online without a private header, you may be banned.
2. You could *buy* one, but it may be risky
3. No, the code is a cartridge header.
4. You'll be banned.

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
back to question 1
1. i have been reading and from my understanding you just need 1 privtae header and it can be used for all your games online ?
2. other than buying one there is no way to get a private header without purchasing a origanl game and power save ?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
back to question 1
1. i have been reading and from my understanding you just need 1 privtae header and it can be used for all your games online ?
2. other than buying one there is no way to get a private header without purchasing a origanl game and power save ?
With CFW, you can dump the header from a cartridge. You'll still need a cart to get a header from, though.

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you (question 2 is answered)

now just question

1. i only need 1 private header for 1 game then it can be used for all my online game

5.also i read this online is this true
there is no risk of being banned if you try and fail to go online with a header that doesn't work or any sort of thing like that. You'll most likely get the error code 002-0123 which has nothing to do with a banned system. It's just an error code telling you the header (which is essentially an online access code) is bad. So yeah...you're good :)

if this is true why did the first "gnmmarechal" say you will get banned

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
thank you (question 2 is answered)

now just question

1. i only need 1 private header for 1 game then it can be used for all my online game

5.also i read this online is this true
there is no risk of being banned if you try and fail to go online with a header that doesn't work or any sort of thing like that. You'll most likely get the error code 002-0123 which has nothing to do with a banned system. It's just an error code telling you the header (which is essentially an online access code) is bad. So yeah...you're good :)

if this is true why did the first "gnmmarechal" say you will get banned
If you use a header that is in use by someone else at that time, you'll be banned. And I assume a few public headers have been blacklisted already. Either use a private header, or don't go online.

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if i play and online 3ds game but dont go online in that game (but my 3ds is connected to wifi/online) is that safe or does the 3ds have to not be connected to wifi/online

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would advise to follow 3ds.guide if you want to play backups. It is a free alternative to buying a sky3ds, you can't get banned, and protects you from being bricked. You can do everything with what the guide sets you up with that a sly3ds can do, and more.

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
another question about the sky3ds+ if there is a game update (but i have yet to install private header) will doing the game update get you banned ? (or is it just when u choose to play an online game mode threw a game ?)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
another question about the sky3ds+ if there is a game update (but i have yet to install private header) will doing the game update get you banned ? (or is it just when u choose to play an online game mode threw a game ?)
Game updates are perfectly safe, they don't touch the game at all, they're just installed separately.
As SimplyFedorable said, I recommend CFW instead of a Sky. It saves you money, there's no need for private headers, and you can do stuff with it that you can't with a Sky.

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i will be doing cfw also thank you

so last question do you only get banned if you try and go play an online games mode ? meaning you can have your wifi connected all the time even when you have your sky3ds+ in your ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: