few quick question about sky 3ds +

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by duboisbrian, Jan 15, 2017.

1. duboisbrian
    OP

duboisbrian GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2010
    Canada
    1. if you put a sky3ds+ into a 3ds without a micro sd card in it will and image show up that there is a cartridge in there

2. when installing backup game onto your micro sd card for your sky3ds+ do you use disk writer program?
    or is diskwriter only for sky3ds

2. NintenDavid

NintenDavid GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Soobway
    1.No.

2.Diskwriter is for orignal sky3ds only.

HyperT, gnmmarechal and Ryccardo like this.
  3. duboisbrian
    OP

Jan 22, 2010
    Canada
    thank you NintenDavid!!

few other question just trying to learn about online play (iv googled and read alot and have a few questions)

1. some say you online need 1 code header and it works with all your games. is the true ?
    2. is there any way to get code with out owning an original game and the power save device?
    3.what is the code from is it specific to everybody ds ? can someone not make a cfg file that you can simply add to you sd card ?
    4. if you try and play only without doing this will is just not work or will you get banned ?

4. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    1. If you go online without a private header, you may be banned.
    2. You could *buy* one, but it may be risky
    3. No, the code is a cartridge header.
    4. You'll be banned.

5. duboisbrian
    OP

Jan 22, 2010
    Canada
    back to question 1
    1. i have been reading and from my understanding you just need 1 privtae header and it can be used for all your games online ?
    2. other than buying one there is no way to get a private header without purchasing a origanl game and power save ?

6. gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    With CFW, you can dump the header from a cartridge. You'll still need a cart to get a header from, though.

7. duboisbrian
    OP

Jan 22, 2010
    Canada
    thank you (question 2 is answered)

now just question

1. i only need 1 private header for 1 game then it can be used for all my online game

5.also i read this online is this true
    there is no risk of being banned if you try and fail to go online with a header that doesn't work or any sort of thing like that. You'll most likely get the error code 002-0123 which has nothing to do with a banned system. It's just an error code telling you the header (which is essentially an online access code) is bad. So yeah...you're good :)

if this is true why did the first "gnmmarechal" say you will get banned

8. gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    If you use a header that is in use by someone else at that time, you'll be banned. And I assume a few public headers have been blacklisted already. Either use a private header, or don't go online.

9. duboisbrian
    OP

Jan 22, 2010
    Canada
    if i play and online 3ds game but dont go online in that game (but my 3ds is connected to wifi/online) is that safe or does the 3ds have to not be connected to wifi/online

10. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    I would advise to follow 3ds.guide if you want to play backups. It is a free alternative to buying a sky3ds, you can't get banned, and protects you from being bricked. You can do everything with what the guide sets you up with that a sly3ds can do, and more.

11. duboisbrian
    OP

Jan 22, 2010
    Canada
    another question about the sky3ds+ if there is a game update (but i have yet to install private header) will doing the game update get you banned ? (or is it just when u choose to play an online game mode threw a game ?)

12. duboisbrian
    OP

Jan 22, 2010
    Canada
    anybody ?

13. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Game updates are perfectly safe, they don't touch the game at all, they're just installed separately.
    As SimplyFedorable said, I recommend CFW instead of a Sky. It saves you money, there's no need for private headers, and you can do stuff with it that you can't with a Sky.

14. duboisbrian
    OP

Jan 22, 2010
    Canada
    i will be doing cfw also thank you

so last question do you only get banned if you try and go play an online games mode ? meaning you can have your wifi connected all the time even when you have your sky3ds+ in your ds?