Hacking Few questions

olimar718

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if that's the right place to ask this but I've been thinking to get a PS3 and they are a bunch of things I still don't understand even after searching the internet.
I plan to install rebug and I want to be able to load backups (if possible)
-What model is recommended ? I've heard the fat model is not because of overheating and ylod for example. Is the super slim a good option ?
-Can you load game from and external HDD ? Ps2 games ? PS1 games ? PS3 games ? PSN games ?
-Can you load iso directly or the backups have to be in special format ?
-Is it possible to run all ps2 games perfectly or some games don't run well ?

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
You don't want to get a phat cause of the points you mentioned[emoji106]

You don't want to get a super slim cause you won't be able to install CFW on it.

So get a slim. The versions working are stated in the list. Hang on a sec I'll post it in a minute[emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: olimar718

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
There you go[emoji106]
9bf200dd23c02bddbbf664024ca2a471.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 80Gb phat and it overheats but I never had a YLOD on it, but it has been like 2 years since the last time I used it. I was thinking on getting a PS3 with CFW installed or with a FW -=3.55, and I had a couple of questions that didn't get answered or not properly answered back then, but I will try to answer some of yours:

You need a -=3.55FW PS3.

-What model is recommended ? I've heard the fat model is not because of overheating and ylod for example. Is the super slim a good option ?
As far as I know, all phats that are on -= 3.55 CAN be modded or even downgraded with E3 Flasher, but the super slim and PS3 that came with a FW 3.60 can not be downgraded nor can have a CFW.

-Can you load game from and external HDD ? Ps2 games ? PS1 games ? PS3 games ? PSN games ?
Yes, you can load PS3 games, PS1 games and probably PSN games because they're designed for PS3. But the PS2 games if you don't have a PS3 60Gb I think you can not play them. (This is a question I had back then and I'm not sure).

If I'm not wrong they need to be installed like the original ones you get on PSN.

This is another question I had about the PS2 game compatibility with a PS3 with CFW.

Maybe I'm wrong or newer things happened. I'm not sure.

If anybody can correct me or answer the PS2 questions, please, do!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if that's the right place to ask this but I've been thinking to get a PS3 and they are a bunch of things I still don't understand even after searching the internet.

I can answer your question.

My SLIM PS3 was 3.41 then I used Rebug to jailbreak it and you can use 3.55 if you have it but none above 3.55 will work at all. After Rebug jailbreal then install WebMod, and WebMan is a must.

1: Slim is highly recommend and best console.. Again you must have 3.41 or 3.55 to do that before you can install Rebug the latest version.
2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.
3. Yes, you can load ISO through webMod and Cobra enable in Rebug first.
4. No, not all PS2 games run perfectly fine, I would say MOST games. Again, you need Cobra enable in Rebug to do that and you will need WebMod as well.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

olimar718

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I can only thank you all for your informatives answer. :bow:. And I mean seriously thank for the help:)
From what I understand, is it the good way, then, to just search on ebay for PS3 slim 3.55 ?

olimar718

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank again
And one last question that I previously forgot, Can you use a USB hid controller (Logitech f310) to hack and to play all the games or only some ? Do I need to buy a real PS3 controller ?

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure about that one, but knowing that CFW can do awesome things, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be possible. Anyways, most PS3 buyed on ebay comes with a controller. I'm looking at a 60GB 3.55 PS3 for 150€ with an original controller at the moment, so that's te average price. Between 120-150€ for a 3.55 (even slims with 120-360Gb).

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I can only thank you all for your informatives answer. :bow:. And I mean seriously thank for the help:)
From what I understand, is it the good way, then, to just search on ebay for PS3 slim 3.55 ?

You are welcome. (De nada). Before you buy a PS3 SLIM 3.41 or 3.55 at the Ebay. Ask the Seller to check it for you and make sure they must be a 100% sellers. I am a buyer and a seller since 1999. :)

olimar718

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope I have the right to up this thread.
Because I have one another question.
I heard that fat 32 doesn't support files bigger than 4 gb.
Is the PS3 internal hdd in fat 32 ?
So is it possible , on the internal hdd, to put files with size superior than 4gb (isos for example) and play them ?
Thank in advance:yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more