Hacking Few questions

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have decided to buy an Acekard 2 but I have a few questions.

I need to know where I can get some sort of bundle with it, I have found gizzards.co.uk does it but I don't know how trustworthy they are>
I mainly want it for Pokemon Platinum and Mario Kart, does WiFi work perfectly with these cards?
Also, would a 1gb MicroSD enough for the games?

Thanks.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by a bundle? You mean a microSD card with it? It is often cheaper to just purchase the flash cart and microSD card separately. You can purchase both at dealextreme.com if you're willing to wait a few weeks for delivery.

I would recommend at least a 2GB microSD card which will fit about 30 or 40 games on it (games are different sizes so it would depend on the games). A Japanese Kingston microSD card is the most recommended.

-Bri

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I could order from Deal Xtreme, the only problem is that I want to start playing Platinum.

How long does it take to get from DX to UK, 2 weeks or 3?

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games can take anywhere from 8 to 256MB, the largest english i have seen recently is Guitar Hero @ 128MB

Average size is 64MB, at that rate, you can fit about 30 games per gig

With trimming, about 60 per gig is an average that i came up with doing a random selection.

You should be able to find SD 1gig for about $5, 2gig for $10.. but you can get 4gig SDHC for $10 as well, and 8gig for around $20

I would say go for a 4gig sdhc, A-DATA has a class 6 for $10 that i have read a lot of good things about.

Bri already mentioned in the post above that DealExtreme would take a few weeks (read 2 to 3) to get your order to you, it is the only bad thing so far about em that i can see, slow shipping. For memory... try newegg.

Another place i just placed an order from that i seen from another post here is focalprice.com, dunno if they are reliable yet... just placed the order yesterday... from what i read so far, they seem to be a good competitor to DealExtreme
smile.gif

Edit: If your worried more about speed then price, there are several retailers listed here at gbatemp in the UK, but expect to pay £20 - 30 where the same product is like £8 - 10 elsewhere.

danr

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
I got an Acekard from gizzards.co.uk . Turned up two days later. eventually figured out how it worked. They seem as trustworthy as other sites I have tried.

Danr

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i ordered my acekard RPG from DX and it only took 10 days to get here, same with my 3in1 i orderd from them. i don't play pokemon games but i can tell you that mkds wifi works fine. you just need to turn off softreset in the recent build of the AKAIO firmware (due to ram limitions on the ds, and the area the softreset code goes when you launch the rom). although in the beta firmware (which isn't public yet) the loaders are external which have free'ed up some ram. with the recent gelu updates i think most of the softreset issues will be fixed. anyways you can pick up az 2gb msd with reader from meritline.com for around $8 with free shipping. both sites mentioned are reliable so don't worry about your money and getting what you pay for. DX also has (slower) sweet customer service.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.