Hacking Few questions regarding Twilight Hack

bane17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions regarding the Twilight Hack to see whether or not it's worth doing.

1) Does this just need to be done once?
2) Once the hack has been applied do I then need to do anything to be able to play chipped games?
3) Does the Twilight hack only allow you to install Wiiware games?
4) Can this be reversed at all?
5) Can Nintendo 'brick' my Wii if this is on?
6) Will this void any warranty remaining?
7) Do the games just get stored as a channel?

Any other help is greatly appreciated and I've read http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack which seems straight forward.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1) If you install the HBC
2) What do you mean with chipped game?
3) You can do a lot with it (besides installing wiiware and vc)
4) delete it
5) Nintendo would be very stupid if it bricked its own creations...
6) probably
7) if you mean wiiware and vc then yes

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
READ THE GODDAMN GUIDE!!!!!!! everything you askede is answered already on this forum, except of course chipped games which nobody knows what that is. read the stickies again read the stickies

ephumuris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chipped game he means copied game. A backup. Loads of people round my end used to call them chipped games. Weird.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bane17 said:
I have a few questions regarding the Twilight Hack to see whether or not it's worth doing.

1) Does this just need to be done once?
2) Once the hack has been applied do I then need to do anything to be able to play chipped games?
3) Does the Twilight hack only allow you to install Wiiware games?
4) Can this be reversed at all?
5) Can Nintendo 'brick' my Wii if this is on?
6) Will this void any warranty remaining?
7) Do the games just get stored as a channel?

Any other help is greatly appreciated and I've read http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack which seems straight forward.

1. Yes, but only if you install the Homebrew Channel when you perform the Twilight Hack.

2. Yes, depending on what version your Wii is, you will have to perform some ISO installs/downgrades, and you will have to install a backup loader to be able to play burned games without a modchip. There are a lot of guides here on how to perform all the steps.

3. The Twilight Hack opens the door to installing the Homebrew Channel, which allows you to run all sorts of applications -- emulators, utilities, etc. You can choose to install WiiWare/Virtual Console games using a utility called 'WAD Manager' if that's what you'd like to do.

4. Absolutely. If you have a v3.4 Wii, the Twilight Hack save file will be deleted when you reboot your Wii after you use it. Any channels or WADs that you install can be removed normally using the Wii Channel Management screen as if they were completely legit channels.

5. No, Nintendo cannot brick your Wii with this method.

6. No, this will not void your warranty -- you don't have to open your Wii. As mentioned above, everything is completely reversible if you wanted to send it in for repair, for example.

7. WiiWare and Virtual Console games show up as channels, yes. So does the Homebrew Channel. Other homebrew can be converted to display as a channel as well.

Have a good read through this forum, there's a lot of really good information available. ..and welcome to the forum!
smile.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bane17 said:

1) Does this just need to be done once? Yes, only if you install HBC with the first TH used
2) Once the hack has been applied do I then need to do anything to be able to play chipped games?Games don't need to be chipped. They have to be downloaded and burned to DVD-Rs and be used in Gamma, or Softchip.
3) Does the Twilight hack only allow you to install Wiiware games?Im not sure if you can install .wads with TH but you can with Wad manager, which can be used through HBC.
4) Can this be reversed at all?Just delete HBC and your Wii will be the same as it was before.
5) Can Nintendo 'brick' my Wii if this is on?No. The only ways it can brick is if you install a bad wad. If you uninstall the system menu, or if you uninstall IOS 30.
6) Will this void any warranty remaining?No. (though Nintendo won't fix it if you idiotically tell them you hacked it)
7) Do the games just get stored as a channel?Wiiware games. Burned games, are playable through the Gamma or softchip channels, which work like the disc channel but without the preview.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bane17 said:

2) Once the hack has been applied do I then need to do anything to be able to play chipped games?Games don't need to be chipped. They have to be downloaded and burned to DVD-Rs and be used in Gamma, or Softchip.

Since when do we support piracy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup