Hacking few dsi questions

yeahitschris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the DSi will be like a ps3,360, wii and etc? it'll have update patches for it? meaning i have to update my R4i or AK 2 or w/e? and will it brick my DSi. im currently playing pkmn platinum on my R4 ds. if i buy Acekard 2i, can i still use my game save?

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
yes you can if u encounter any trouble convert the save using shuny's save converter ( http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php) simply drag the save to ur desktop then convert using the converter, add to the acekard and ur done.

EDIT 1: yes nintendo will release new updates so you will have to update the card until an official statement by team acekard or another team has been made about how to bypass new nintendo firmwares/ patches, I recommend you don't update.

yeahitschris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoK2031 said:
yes you can if u encounter any trouble convert the save using shuny's save converter ( http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php) simply drag the save to ur desktop then convert using the converter, add to the acekard and ur done.

EDIT 1: yes nintendo will release new updates so you will have to update the card until an official statement by team acekard or another team has been made about how to bypass new nintendo firmwares/ patches, I recommend you don't update.

ooh okay, thanks. sorry for long reply i forgot i asked this question lol. just bought my DSi. now imma tell my sister to order acerkard 2i. would you recomment acerkard?

EDIT: heres the pic;
15yd5j9.jpg

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
If I were you, I'll scout the EZ Flash Vi or the SUPERCARD DS ONEi. I dont have a cart yet as Im scouting for a better one. I heard the Acekard 2i can brick your DSi not sure though but m taking some pre-cautions. Though, It's very tempting to buy one as I have the previous model.

I heard the SUPERCARD DS ONEi will have a new GUI that will make the menu go fast to explore. Im waiting for that to happen before buying some DSi flashcarts

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ak2i is what u want and it will not brick your dsi it was made for dsi, your save from your r4 will work on the ak2i without any converting needed.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Ak2i is what u want and it will not brick your dsi it was made for dsi

Alright then. I'll purchase the Php1,200 Acekard 2i on where I bought my DSi in Greenhills and I will see if the bricking is true or just that person is unlucky. If it did brick my DSi, should I call Acekard for complains? I'll buy one when we go to manila in a few days.

Also, I hope the rumors about the AKAIO being disbanded are not true. Still Im scouting for all the possible DSi carts out there that's why I want to see all DSi carts that are updatable via firmware. To me, there are 3 DSi carts that are updatable - Acekard 2i, EZ Flash Vi and SUPERCARD DS ONEi (but I'll wait for the new GUI to be updated)

PHP 47 = US$ 1

R4 and Acekard uses the same save file assuming you edit the save structure of the Acekard and is using AKAIO. If you use the official Acekard 2i firmware, you must rename your save to ".nds.sav"

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
That's the reason Im staying away fromo Acekard 2i - AKAIO disbanding and the person bricking his DSi. I'll recheck everything before making my purchase. Php1,200 is a lot of money here in the Philippines and I want a good product. Though I have an Acekard 2.1 and loving it. not too sure about the DSi version of it.

I'll wait for other people with Acekard 2i to say that their DSi were not bricked unlike the person in this thread. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=160223

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chris, obviously the brick that happened there was not the fault of the AK2i and even if it was the chances of it happening to you (seeing as how only one of thousands has been affected) are very low.

It was most likely a factory defect of the DSi he had because he exchanged his "bricked" one for a new one and repeated the same thing exactly but nothing went wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up