ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

gamemaster2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Heya there,

I might need some help from the more experienced hex editers and users of this tool.
What I want to achieve is having two Kanas S Supported with each other. So at first I booted up this tool and imported a copy of my already existing Male Kana, then I changed the gender value to that of Female Kana so they are pretty much twins in that regard.
Since the Female Kana was imported (or for whatever other reason) the option to edit supports is grayed out, and afaik the tool is smart enough to not allow S Supports where they don’t belong.
The problem is now that family supports (since as far as the game is concerned the two Kanas are exactly the same, ergo have the same parents - which I don’t plan on changing due to growth rates and stuff) don’t seem to be stored in the RawSupport block while hex editing, so I don’t know which values to change to enforce a S Support.

I would be delighted if someone could help me here.

Kowalskiy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone!

After all this time, is there any way to edit the VP and BP? (i know i could simply give myself the rewards, it is just faster for "legit" playthroughs).

D

Deleted User

I don’t know if this is the right place to ask, but can anyone tell me how to edit My Room hair colors?

YPeled

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! i'm new on romhacking Fire Emblem, someone know if its possible change the principal class of the avatar, but keep the talent? for example, i don't want my avatar being a Nohr Noble, i want her being a Samurai and when she change class she become a mercenary, no nohr noble... someone know if its possible? Thank You!

Hyasimp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t know if this is the right place to ask, but can anyone tell me how to edit My Room hair colors?
You can edit your avatar's hair color by copying the hair color of another unit. For instance if you wanted to get a "blacker" black hair color for your corrin, You can go and copy for instance Kagero's hair color in the corner, it's usually something like "0x58 33 2D", then paste it into your corrin's block. You can only change the hair color of Corrin and Child Units Excluding Shigure.

RustyMongoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know official support for this mod (and the game in general) is long dead, but I was wondering about something. Would it be possible to import the new support hex tables from gay fates using the addons folder rather than reading it from save data? Using Luma's patching method all the files are just popped into a folder and loaded on top of the normal game rather than modifying the cia/game directly. I don't know where the new values are stored in the mod, but would that be feasible to make as a plugin for feftwiddler? Not sure if UV structured the mod in a way that makes it at all convenient, but I was curious.

HalberdEX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I've been doing a FE:Birthright run that's been modified by a lot of another editing software, Paragon, to redesign the majority of the experience. However, the use of Paragon miiiiiiiiight have conflicted with what Twiddler can recognize, giving the error message of "Sequence contains no elements". I was hoping I could get some answers on what exactly I might need to shift around, or if anything at all could still be done.

It doesn't seem like I can upload the save file, but the log is as follows. Sorry if this is counted as spam on the site or something, I'm a bit new to asking things on GBATemp as a whole.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at FEFTwiddler.Data.ChapterDatabase.GetByID(Chapter chapterId)
at FEFTwiddler.GUI.GameProgress.BattlefieldPanel..ctor(Battlefield battlefield)
at FEFTwiddler.GUI.GameProgress.GameProgressMain.UpdateAvailableBattlefields()
at FEFTwiddler.GUI.GameProgress.GameProgressMain.PopulateControls()
at FEFTwiddler.GUI.GameProgress.GameProgressMain.LoadChapterSave(IChapterSave chapterSave)
at FEFTwiddler.GUI.MainForm.LoadChapterData()
at FEFTwiddler.GUI.MainForm.LoadFile(String path)
at FEFTwiddler.GUI.MainForm.openFileToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FEFTwiddler
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/lugia/Downloads/Fire%20Emblem%20Hacking/Hacking%20Tools/FEFTwiddler-0.18.1/FEFTwiddler.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

SP21

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
All of a sudden every save file I edit with the program cant be loaded by Citra. It worked the first time when I added max resources (cabbage, rubys, etc). Now, every time I try to make changes, even small ones like adding 1 bean or 1 gold, it just shows a black screen and it seems the save file is corrupted. Any idea why this could be the case?

Last edited by SP21,

Vahdokah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the bond unit files for Mint, Ringo, and Naruto? I'd like to be able to use these 3 but i can't find anyone with the files

StormEYEchu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how likely I am to get a response here but basically I'm just messing around with captured generics. Is it at all possible to change their names? So far I've just experimented by giving them skills and stuff but I was really hoping to be able to change their name. Anyway I can do that with this tool or will I need another tool?

FreyaLupis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\KingO\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\LFTWC30V\Chapter0[1]_backup_20211231_052421198' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.File.OpenFile(String path, FileAccess access, SafeFileHandle& handle)
at System.IO.File.SetLastWriteTimeUtc(String path, DateTime lastWriteTimeUtc)
at System.IO.File.SetLastWriteTime(String path, DateTime lastWriteTime)
at FEFTwiddler.Model.SaveFile.WriteBackupFile()
at FEFTwiddler.Model.SaveFile.Write()
at FEFTwiddler.Model.ChapterSave.Write()
at FEFTwiddler.GUI.MainForm.saveFileToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.8.4420.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
FEFTwiddler
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KingO/OneDrive/Desktop/FETwiddler/FEFTwiddler.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Can someone please help me >_< I have tried deleting the Config file and deleting whole fetwiddler folder and downloading again, i tried running as admin. i'm out of ideas.. I also tried locating the file it was saying access denied to and deleting it but it says the file doesnt even exsist.

FreyaLupis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a android version?
Yes citra for android. You just edit the save on PC and put it back into the folder.

In regards to my last post with the error I was getting, hopefully this will help anyone having the same error in 2022 =D, for some reason you need to have a copy of all the files from the save folder in the same folder as the editor. Then you can edit the save, it will make a back up, and you can drag the Chapter0 (or w.e yours is) back to the citra android folder

MalevolentWizard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping someone can shed some light here for me.

I know you can change units levels but the stats don't update? I tried changing a units level from 1 to 5 and even tried leveling it organically to level 6 to see if they would all update properly. But they did not. Only got +1 to STR lol. Can anyone tell me the proper way to level units with the editor so I don't have to grind?

Flannoit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to make Corrin into a Wolfskin, but I'm having issues making Corrin actually able to use Beaststones. How do I fix this?

EDIT: I figured out what I was doing wrong! The reason why I wasn't able to use the beaststone is because in chapters 1-6 Corrin is hardlocked from being able to use any sort of stone until after receiving the dragonstone from Azura in the first place. After that point it's safe for Corrin to be made a wolfskin.

EDIT2 so no double post:
Now my big dilemma is trying to create bond units purely offline... I'm not sure how to go about doing it, since I want to make 1 or 2 bond units to use alongside my wolfskin corrin, but hitting the snag that I'm not sure what to do in FEFT's hex editing to convert them into a bond unit!

I had a similar issue trying to use it for changing heart seal class, and trying to open the decompiled file in an online hex editor made the hex appear wildly different than some of the screenshots of the hex I've seen here and in other threads.

Last edited by Flannoit,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol