ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Arcanus73

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure where the best place to ask this is, but currently I am trying to edit a save from citra on a mac using wine but whenever I put the save back into citra and try to load it I just get a black screen and then the music starts stuttering and the file never loads. Is this a problem with citra? with wine on mac? with something else I am doing wrong?

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure where the best place to ask this is, but currently I am trying to edit a save from citra on a mac using wine but whenever I put the save back into citra and try to load it I just get a black screen and then the music starts stuttering and the file never loads. Is this a problem with citra? with wine on mac? with something else I am doing wrong?
Does it work with your non edited file?

Arcanus73

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work with your non edited file?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but like, yes I can move around my files and copy them and as long as I put them back in the right citra folder with the right name they load properly when I load them in the game, but if I save over them using feftwiddler the save file no longer works at all. I always had backups that I could put back in and get it working again. I also figured out how to do what I wanted to do with only FEST and a hex editor, so not a big deal that this app isn't working for me.

Edit:
Maybe I should add that since last time, because I was suspecting wine might be the issue as it was making the ui look a little wonky. I made a vm and edited my save on the vm and when putting the save back into the citra save location the exact same problem occurred so it seems that somehow that app is editing something in the save file that completely corrupts it and idk why.

When trying it out and testing I was changing very few things, like once I only increased my DVP by 1. And now that I am saying this I just realised you might be asking if I could save without making any changes in feftwiddler and see if that works, so I am going to try that now.

Edit 2:
Apparently no edits and certain edits will work. While testing I could make my yato +7 and it would work just fine. But changing DVP or anything in the megacheats menu that I tried corrupts the save file. Also interestingly enough, I do not have dlc installed, and when loading the save that is edited it always brings up a prompt to delete dlc content from save even though I didn't add anything that had to do with dlc.

Last edited by Arcanus73,

Arcanus73

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I just remembered this application does not play well with macOS! Run it in a VM

I did mention that in my previous post, but other than the ui being way better and the buttons being actually readable the actual success of the editing does not seem to improve in a vm.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did mention that in my previous post, but other than the ui being way better and the buttons being actually readable the actual success of the editing does not seem to improve in a vm.
Hmm.....Could you send me your edited and non edited save? I'll take a look at it

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HEY I HIT THE BIG QUESTION MARK BUTTON WHAT DID I DO!?

EDIT: Is it a randomizer button? I clicked on it a couple times and looked for changes and I noticed that my avatar's class and items kept getting changed.

Last edited by livipup,

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I don't believe the save editor caused it, but somehow the paralogue to unlock Midori seems to have completely disappeared from my game. I mean, I didn't actually check that it was there after the "new paralogue available" text appeared when I married Kaze and Hinoka, but what I do know is that when I opened the save data in FEFTwiddler the paralogue was not listed as available nor complete. I tried changing the support rank for both units to S (Conversation) and reinitiating the dialogue, but that didn't give me the paralogue. Is there any other way to activate it? Or does anybody have an untrained Hinoka!Midori that they can export and send to me? I don't actually care to have Midori in this play through, but it feels really weird to not even have the option. Plus, her paralogue gives you dragon herbs and I want those. I know I can just give myself infinite dragon herbs through the convoy editor, but I want fair dragon herbs. Even if that means I just add one to convoy when importing Midori.

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I don't believe the save editor caused it, but somehow the paralogue to unlock Midori seems to have completely disappeared from my game. I mean, I didn't actually check that it was there after the "new paralogue available" text appeared when I married Kaze and Hinoka, but what I do know is that when I opened the save data in FEFTwiddler the paralogue was not listed as available nor complete. I tried changing the support rank for both units to S (Conversation) and reinitiating the dialogue, but that didn't give me the paralogue. Is there any other way to activate it? Or does anybody have an untrained Hinoka!Midori that they can export and send to me? I don't actually care to have Midori in this play through, but it feels really weird to not even have the option. Plus, her paralogue gives you dragon herbs and I want those. I know I can just give myself infinite dragon herbs through the convoy editor, but I want fair dragon herbs. Even if that means I just add one to convoy when importing Midori.
fefeditor automatically creates backups of the save file after every edit. have you tried using the back up?

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fefeditor automatically creates backups of the save file after every edit. have you tried using the back up?
Yeah I did. Turns out I was right when I said the editor didn't cause the missing paralogue. I think I may have imagined the "new paralogue available" text popping up because I learned that Midori's paralogue has special requirements in Birthright that I guess I had just already completed last time I played Birthright and married Kaze.

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to report a bug
https://imgur.com/HrNV0xL
So a bit of information, I did not touch my castle layout in FEFTwiddler. All I did was give Takumi, Oboro, and Hinata some skills since I don't have my Unit Logbook from my 3DS on my PC. Literally did nothing else. From what I can tell this is the only thing that went wrong. It's just... off to the side and in the air. The rest of my layout is unaffected.

SoMorgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I have done everything known on the internet for this problem, and now I find myself here. Every time I attempt to launch FEFtwiddler, windows says that it cannot access the specified file. I have checked permissions, file path, I checked if it was a problem with WINRAR an 7Zip, but no progress. I try to launch it directly from the .rar file, and it says that it cannot execute. If there is anything anyone knows on how to fix this, please, please let me know.

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I have done everything known on the internet for this problem, and now I find myself here. Every time I attempt to launch FEFtwiddler, windows says that it cannot access the specified file. I have checked permissions, file path, I checked if it was a problem with WINRAR an 7Zip, but no progress. I try to launch it directly from the .rar file, and it says that it cannot execute. If there is anything anyone knows on how to fix this, please, please let me know.
Have you extracted it to a permanent location on your drive? Compressed files may seem like folders, but they're really not. A lot of programs have trouble launching from a temporary location on your drive when you try to launch from within a program like WinRar or 7zip.

SoMorgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you extracted it to a permanent location on your drive? Compressed files may seem like folders, but they're really not. A lot of programs have trouble launching from a temporary location on your drive when you try to launch from within a program like WinRar or 7zip.

Yep, I've extracted it to my Desktop, Documents, etc. No luck.

Endgamecutter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if this place still has activity but I may as well ask. Is there a way to use this to set the supports of Amiibo characters? I did a randomized run and I want to see if I can still get kids even though some of the parent slots have been taken by Amiibo units.

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use this editor to add the following:

-Dwyer's Paralogue/Recruitment (with Flora as his mother)
-Female Corrin (named Kamui)
-Izana!Kanna (in addition to Female Kanna, from Male Corrin)

Last edited by Johnny2071,

mochiprincess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! This is probably me being dumb, but I'm having some issues with being able to load my edited save after I've used the editor and restored the save using a save manager. Thankfully, I do have a backup of my original save file, but everytime I attempt to restore the edited save, this screen pops up (see attachment).

Can someone show me what I'm doing wrong? I'm still a little bit of a newbie at this, haha.

Attachments

• IMG_7376.JPG
    IMG_7376.JPG
    975.9 KB · Views: 203

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! This is probably me being dumb, but I'm having some issues with being able to load my edited save after I've used the editor and restored the save using a save manager. Thankfully, I do have a backup of my original save file, but everytime I attempt to restore the edited save, this screen pops up (see attachment).

Can someone show me what I'm doing wrong? I'm still a little bit of a newbie at this, haha.
Are you making sure the save file is named correctly?

mochiprincess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you making sure the save file is named correctly?
I was able to figure out the issue! It's because I was attempting to use the save editor on a mac using WINE. There is a compatibility issue once you save the file and I guess it corrupts it. I was able to successfully edit my saves on my brother's PC though.

I have another problem, however. Does anyone experience the game crashing after the credits? The "arm11 core 0" error occurs after beating Endgame and the credits appear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: