ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time to create the "special weapons" :tpi:. Them sneaky developers created their own Yato and other weapons in the DLC, without those flags that tell who can hold it. It's time to give every unit a yato :^). Hopefully they'll work online *fingers crossed*

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically yato and and all those special weapons have a flag that tells what character can hold it. In the DLC, the weapon does not have that flag so anyone can hold it. I kinda guessed this was the case since I saw no flag on Kana saying she can hold it.
Mmhmm. I cannot wait for my little munchkin to use the sword, she deserves it!

Doomsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically yato and and all those special weapons have a flag that tells what character can hold it. In the DLC, the weapon does not have that flag so anyone can hold it. I kinda guessed this was the case since I saw no flag on Kana saying she can hold it.

So is it possible to extract the weapon from the DLC?

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmhmm. I cannot wait for my little munchkin to use the sword, she deserves it!
Omegablu had a problem making Kana hold yato because she had to be a player (I think) which would result in some unwanted problems. I have no idea how I'm going to add it, probably using Anna's gift as a template. Most likely it should work online, but I can't guarantee it will until I test it. I still have some projects to finish this week.
So is it possible to extract the weapon from the DLC?
I'm not going to extract it. I'm just going to recreate the flags from the original yato and probably the others.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Omegablu had a problem making Kana hold yato because she had to be a player (I think) which would result in some unwanted problems. I have no idea how I'm going to add it, probably using Anna's gift as a template. Most likely it should work online, but I can't guarantee it will until I test it. I still have some projects to finish this week.

I'm not going to extract it. I'm just going to recreate the flags from the original yato and probably the others.
It's probably not going to work online, or if it does it's going to show up as a Bronze Sword to other people because the weapon block won't exist on their games.

Reactions: Harvest God

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably not going to work online, or if it does it's going to show up as a Bronze Sword to other people because the weapon block won't exist on their games.
Actually I do believe it will work online because the game will most likely not look for the description and the name, I have no idea how it'll handle the ID number, but I'll love to see it work. Hmm if it does show as a bronze sword to other players, we got the name to "label" it :^). But who cares, if you can see your child hold yato! Thanks for that info~ Also, is sing just a flag for a class? It didn't work with my unit.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Actually I do believe it will work online because the game will most likely not look for the description and the name, I have no idea how it'll handle the ID number, but I'll love to see it work. Hmm if it does show as a bronze sword to other players, we got the name to "label" it :^). But who cares, if you can see your child hold yato! Thanks for that info~ Also, is sing just a flag for a class? It didn't work with my unit.
online players will not see anything not existing in the current game with the exception of custom character blocks, and those only work because PvP dynamically creates character blocks for both teams which are then stored onto RAM, which is why players can see stuff like Sumeragi, since the only thing he actually lacked was a proper playable block.

Any labels, assets, asset IDs, and weapon IDs or accessories that do not exist in the base game will not be seen by other players, so if you do get a custom Yato, they'll see an "Unknown" bronze sword.

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
online players will not see anything not existing in the current game with the exception of custom character blocks, and those only work because PvP dynamically creates character blocks for both teams which are then stored onto RAM, which is why players can see stuff like Sumeragi, since the only thing he actually lacked was a proper playable block.

Any labels, assets, asset IDs, and weapon IDs or accessories that do not exist in the base game will not be seen by other players, so if you do get a custom Yato, they'll see an "Unknown" bronze sword.
Oh I forgot that last part. I was thinking from a character block perspective, how you can recycle IDs. I understand now.

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Does the internal level change as the character level? since my Jacob, at Lv.19 has a Internal Level of 0 now...oh. Seems the program can't handle -1 well...I think.

The internal level's a bit weird. I actually never thought to store it as a signed byte. As an unsigned byte, -1 should be showing as 255. I have always seen a 0 on Jakob and Felicia, though, so something must be converting them to 0 before any chance to save occurs.

If you change a promoted unit to a special class ingame, then open the save in FEFTwiddler, their internal level will appear to be 236 plus their old internal level if I remember correctly. For example, in one of my saves, I changed Camilla from Malig Knight to Witch. Her internal level is 251 (as shown in FEFTwiddler). Her old internal level was 15. It still seems a little off to me; I would expect it to be one lower so that an internal level of 20 gets translated to 255. It's not something I put much testing into, though. I just put whatever's in the save, and figure that anyone willing to modify it knows what they're looking to do.

Does the New Game Plus tab currently have a use, or is it going to be implemented in a future version?

It has no use currently. I might remove it in the next release, come to think of it. There is stuff I would like to put in there, though, but I haven't really had a lot of time to dedicate to FEFTwiddler lately.

The kind of stuff that I pictured having in there is stuff to rewind game progress (in case you want to resume from a particular story chapter or replay a paralogue) and a randomizer. All of this is partially coded already, but not to the degree I'd want it before letting you all have at it.

Last edited by Soaprman,

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The internal level's a bit weird. I actually never thought to store it as a signed byte. As an unsigned byte, -1 should be showing as 255. I have always seen a 0 on Jakob and Felicia, though, so something must be converting them to 0 before any chance to save occurs.

If you change a promoted unit to a special class ingame, then open the save in FEFTwiddler, their internal level will appear to be 236 plus their old internal level if I remember correctly. For example, in one of my saves, I changed Camilla from Malig Knight to Witch. Her internal level is 251 (as shown in FEFTwiddler). Her old internal level was 15. It still seems a little off to me; I would expect it to be one lower so that an internal level of 20 gets translated to 255. It's not something I put much testing into, though. I just put whatever's in the save, and figure that anyone willing to modify it knows what they're looking to do.

It has no use currently. I might remove it in the next release, come to think of it. There is stuff I would like to put in there, though, but I haven't really had a lot of time to dedicate to FEFTwiddler lately.

The kind of stuff that I pictured having in there is stuff to rewind game progress (in case you want to resume from a particular story chapter or replay a paralogue) and a randomizer. All of this is partially coded already, but not to the degree I'd want it before letting you all have at it.
Randomizer plz and thank you
I have a weird obsession with those:yay3ds:

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys i have a question. How do i go about making myself a lago unit and a generic unit i'm kinda confused about this. P.s. This is my first time making new units

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys i have a question. How do i go about making myself a lago unit and a generic unit i'm kinda confused about this. P.s. This is my first time making new units
You can only make units in the editor that you can recruit in-game, iirc. You can't recruit Iago in-game so you can't make him with this editor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s