FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Soaprman, Apr 9, 2016.

1. MrFluffu

MrFluffu Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2017
    United States
    hey, I just wanted to ask what save file is the correct one to change I have a Chaprt0^.bak and a chapter0~.bak

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    The correct save files don't have the .bak file extension. It may work though.

3. MrFluffu

MrFluffu Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2017
    United States
    each time I try to edit a save file it keeps telling me that there is an error, and then it completes, then when I head into the game none of my changes save :/ And when I do get the changes to happen and go to edit the next chapter for my units it stays at Chapter0 and doesn't have any new chapters for me to edit. And when I look into that file it's still at Chapter 1 with no other units besides MU :/ Is there something I'm doing wrong?

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    The file is named Chapter0 because of the position it is on the save file list in game. The first save file is Chapter0, the second save file is Chapter1, the third save file is Chapter2. The file name will never change. As for your changes, make sure you are hitting the save button and reimporting the save file that has the changes made. I've never once had an issue with this save editor not saving my changes so there must be something on your end you're doing wrong.

5. MrFluffu

MrFluffu Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2017
    United States
    could it be an out of date JKSM on my 3ds?

6. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You could try updating it.

7. GeoX

GeoX Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2007
    United States
    I am just editing my save file for the very first time. I am not doing anything fancy just changing stats, skills, etc. Everything seems to work fine except the changes I make to weapon rank. When I open my decompress save file I can see that FEFTwiddler recognizes I previously made changes because everyone has an S rank for the weapons I changed, but when I load the game they still have their old ranks. However every other change does show up in game correctly. Anybody got any idea how to fix this?

Thank you

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nevermind, found that not everyone can be S rank

8. Starmytes0

Starmytes0 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Canada
    Iiii could use some help if someone is available... My Kana(s) stats are all messed up I think?

I'm playing the Special Edition path as male Corrin, and I transferred my female Corrin from a different save to this save file. I married both Corrin together and used DeathChaos's twin Kana patch. Both Kanas recognize both Corrins as there parents and everything is fine, except their stats are incorrect regardless of which mother I pair them with?

Kanas stat modifiers are the mother and fathers stat modifiers and +1 for first gen parents. The Corrins Bone/Banes are +SKL/-LUK and +MAG/-LUK. Sooo both Kanas stat modifiers SHOULD be (STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/LUK/DEF/RES):

CorrinM: 1/-1/4/0/-3/2/0

CorrinF: -1/3/0/2/-3/0/2

Kana: 1/1/1/1/1/1/1

= 1/3/5/3/-5/3/3

Am I correct in thinking this?

Currently my female Kana is a Hoshido Noble, this class has the following max stats (HP/STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/LUK/DEF/RES): 60/34/28/29/30/33/31/28

That would mean my KanaFs stats with the above mentioned stat modifiers should be: 60/35/31/34/33/28/34/31

However, my KanaFs stats are stuck on: 60/33/32/33/33/31/33/31 and I don't understand why?

I tested this out with a different mother unit (changed mother to Felicia) and the max stats are: 60/31/34/33/34/31/32/32... Which is again incorrect because their stats in the class with Felicia as the mother with Corrins Bone/Bane should be: 60 34 30 34 32 31 33 30

Note: Both Kanas have a Bone/Bane of +SKL/-LUK like the father unit.

I tried forcing the correct stat modifiers onto the Kanas via FEAT nightmare but nothing changed, and it doesn't look like the changes saved when I open my .bin again and check them.

Does anyone have any suggestions? All help is appreciated! :(

----

Update! I got it working by fluke and have included another image. Basically just played around with the values in RawEndBlock (red square).

Kana F previously: 03 02 46 00 FF FF FF FF 03

Kana F changed to: 03 06 56 00 FF FF FF FF 03

Kana M previously: 03 02 46 00 FF FF FF FF 0A

Kana M changed to: 03 06 56 00 FF FF FF FF 0A

As you can see by the image comparison the stats are now correct for my specific Kana(s). (Note: I have a +2 skill boost from statues on them both)

Sooo if you're having stat issues with your Kana(s) or other child units the fix is located in RawEndBlock on that second line, but I'm not sure the exact bytes things should be changed to for different stat changes etc. Hope this helps someone in the future a little.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Starmytes0, Nov 18, 2017
  9. rfactory

rfactory Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    United States
    I made a really dumb mistake while playing revelations and forgot to recruit Charlotte and Benny (I had progressed a bit before I realised I missed them). So I imported them back in from my conquest save file and it seems to have worked fine? Just wondering if there's anything I should be aware of while using them or if they'll cause my game to crash etc etc. I do still want to get them married to other people, so will I be able to do that? Sorry if this is stupid, I've just never done this before.

Last edited by rfactory, Nov 20, 2017
  10. CasS55

CasS55 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    United States
    So I'm using the Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same Sex Marriage Patch (which kinda switches around some supports) and I tried to use this but it can't edit supports with the edited save, is there any way to get around this?

11. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    No there isn't. The editor doesn't support the same-sex marriage hack in terms of editing the supports.

12. Bicho

Bicho Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    France
    Can I use this to increase the max stats of unupgraded classes?

Last edited by Bicho, Dec 19, 2017
  13. whitewolf8

whitewolf8 Resident Lunatic

Jun 22, 2016
    Australia
    Well, sorta-- you do need to change them all manually, though.
    https://imgur.com/a/4cceB
    First image, top left bit-- Statue/Permanent Caps, both need to be changed around for it to work properly. Good luck!

apparently I'm not ded.

14. leafbarrett

leafbarrett Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Let's say I wanted to replace Jakob with Felicia in my save file. Would that be doable?

15. trainboy2019

trainboy2019 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    What do you mean? Can't you get them both?

16. leafbarrett

leafbarrett Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Over halfway through the game, yes. But I am an impatient man and don't want to wait that long to get a S support on Corrin.

17. Vangormo

Vangormo Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2017
    United States
    So, i'm trying to replace my avatar character with Sakura, So Sakura would be the main character. I've gotten everything to be fine except the portrait still shows corrin and Sakura's model doesn't replace corrin's in story scenes? i've attached the hex editing for the MC, could anyone help me find what i'm doing wrong?

Attached Files:

18. trainboy2019

trainboy2019 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    That might require a rom hack.

19. SlashGod

SlashGod Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2018
    United States
    I recently used FEFTwiddler to edit a save, but when attempting to save I receive this error. And regardless of how small or large the changes made are, the program returns this error and the save file remains unchanged. Previously, I used FEFTwiddler a few months ago and it worked perfectly fine.
    In addition, I can't load a save through opening a file, having to drag a file in, as the program says it doesn't have config.xml and it doesn't create it either.
    Ultimately, after deleting and redownloading FEFTwiddler, it now refuses to even start; the application is running according to task manager, but its not loading up the window.

Attached Files:

Last edited by SlashGod, Jan 7, 2018
  20. velocityraptor910

velocityraptor910 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2018
    United States
    hello, i have an issue. the edits work fine and all, but whenever i randomize a file it crashes whenever i try to load it. what should i do?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice