OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love getting ripped off out of money I deserve >_>
Ergh.
Funny though, I REALLY should have seen this coming.

So, if you read my other blog after the edit, you'd know HOW I, my Dad, and my older sister, came to have around 200 high quality plants.

Basically the labour involved was me and my dad doing almost all of it, with my sisters boyfriend helping out as well. While she did...nothing. She stumbled into the whole situation, but helping us actually do some work woulda been sweet.

I helped load some 150 of the 200 plants into my Dads van, and out. Also helping unload my sister's boyfriends truck while I was at it.

So today we go to sell them all. First of all, we started at $10 per...like I suggested. But my Dad and sister are impatient so they knock it to $5 after about half an hour (if that). We basically just ALL sat on our asses and watched the money fly in. Though, me and my Dad went back to the house and got plants when needed, while both my sisters stayed and sold plants. (AKA, sat there and took the money, lol)

It was nice though, we sold them all. We ended up with around $700. (we kept a fair number of plants between us as well, also we had a "buy 5 get 1 free" thing that people LOVED.)

So of the $700, I got $100.
For a third of the work, I got $100.
Of $700.
...for a third of the work
Do the math, that isn't fucking funny.

This wasn't my older sisters fault, in a way.
It was my Dads, and I know it was. He believes in fairness, unless my older sister is involved, then he believes "fair" is my older sister gets the queen treatment and everyone else is treated like shit.
I was fine with giving my sister "extra", because she could probably use it. (though, not really).
But extra to me isn't giving me 1/7th of the total money, my Dad probably accepting $200 himself, and giving her $400 for doing virtually nothing but, again, stumble upon the situation. (which my Dad argued was a big reason for her getting so much of the money, but had me and my Dad not helped....in a week she'd have 200 dead plants, instead of $700, if that...I doubt she'd have even taken more then 10-20.)
200/200/300 and I would have been happy. 150 I would be disappointed, but fine with it, 100 and i'm just fucking outraged.

To put more perspective into this, and maybe explain more why I seem SO angry, I help my older sister a lot.
A lot.
I've never been paid a dime for it either. I never complained or cared, because my sister didn't at the time, or in the near future, have any money to pay me with. She's family though, so what the hell...free is fine.
But this involved money that we actually had, that I worked for, and was rightfully ripped off. It sucks.

Sorry for the huge rant, i'm just pissed off right now, and tired of my Dad always giving my older sister special treatment.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
imagine getting double... $1400 if you sold it for $10
rolleyes.gif

jkin, so anyway... it's okay, you guys made a LOT of money. to be honest, maybe your sister did need more of the money since she is older. so that means she must need more things. why not try bringing it up, oh it feels somewhat unfair. i contributed a LOT to this blah blah blah. stuff like that?

if they still don't agree, then just deal with it i guess... you got free money so be happy
biggrin.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does your dad not realise how he is dividing the money between you guys? You could try asking your sister to give you a hundred, that is if she's willing.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet your Pops is a pretty smart guy, I reckon he wouldn't unevenly split the funds among you all without reason.

Try talking to either of them quietly, alone. See if something happened.

I'm assuming that maybe your sis was hit by some hardships or perhaps something is coming up that requires her to pour out a bit of extra funding.

You may not want to hear it, but you're the youngest in this situation, perhaps your two elders know something that you don't.

Don't get bent without knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was split carelessly and without reason. Rage less.
wink.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
No wait, I don't get your family. If I was the daddy I will give 1/10 of the tithes and offerings given you 200 still while paying all my opther expenses. The older sister well she has to pull her weight around.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd be happy if I made $50 from doing something like that. You act like everyone is just getting money to spend from it. People usually put some profit towards something else they're saving for, like a vacation, more supplies for their business, etc. You're dad might be doing the same. You never know unless you find out the exact truth.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Splych said:
imagine getting double... $1400 if you sold it for $10
rolleyes.gif

jkin, so anyway... it's okay, you guys made a LOT of money. to be honest, maybe your sister did need more of the money since she is older. so that means she must need more things. why not try bringing it up, oh it feels somewhat unfair. i contributed a LOT to this blah blah blah. stuff like that?

if they still don't agree, then just deal with it i guess... you got free money so be happy
biggrin.gif

She doesn't need it lol. I was going to put that in. She's a lazy ass happily living off welfare, a rich boyfriend, and two different counts of child support. (generous child support, I might add)

fudgenuts64 said:
Complain. If she really didn't do any of the work thats just bullshit.

I did complain. Didn't do anything, lol.

BobTheJoeBob said:
Does your dad not realise how he is dividing the money between you guys? You could try asking your sister to give you a hundred, that is if she's willing.

He realized it, because I told him full on how unfair it was.
My sister wouldn't give me a dime. In her mind, the money was split evenly.

QUOTE(TDWP FTW @ Jul 30 2010, 02:04 AM)
I'd be happy if I made $50 from doing something like that. You act like everyone is just getting money to spend from it. People usually put some profit towards something else they're saving for, like a vacation, more supplies for their business, etc. You're dad might be doing the same. You never know unless you find out the exact truth.

Well, my Dad got his fair share.
My sister, as mentioned above, doesn't really need the money.
I bet you anything it's going towards alcohol, cigarettes, partying, etc and maybe 10% spent on her kids.
I'm saving up to get into college/university. Unfortunately most career paths i've chosen require a hefty bit of high priced schooling. Plus i'm human, and a gamer. While I save up for college/university, I like to get a game here and there.
So any extra cash I can get to spend on my hobby would be nice. Right now my gaming funds are pretty much dry.

-------------------

Eh, anyways. I've pretty much 'come to terms' with this whole ordeal.
I think i'm just more annoyed about the special treatment my Dad gives my older sister. I know that he's probably just trying to help her out, but it's a really bad way to help her. He always just gives her things. She never learned how to fend for herself, because she always runs back to Daddy when things get a little bit tough. It's really annoying, especially when my Dad drops everything to help her, instead of letting her learn to help herself.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ah, then just ask your dad why she received more money. you gotta get something reasonable out of it but schooling should always go before gaming. if you have the extra money to spare, then buy what you want.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Plants" huh? You sellin' marijuana, kid? Selling some of that devil's lettuce? Roped your family in on it too, huh? Say no to drugs, kid. No hope in dope, son.

Tekkin88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
I bet your Pops is a pretty smart guy, I reckon he wouldn't unevenly split the funds among you all without reason.

Try talking to either of them quietly, alone. See if something happened.

I'm assuming that maybe your sis was hit by some hardships or perhaps something is coming up that requires her to pour out a bit of extra funding.

You may not want to hear it, but you're the youngest in this situation, perhaps your two elders know something that you don't.

Don't get bent without knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was split carelessly and without reason. Rage less.
wink.gif

I lol'd at this cause, I'm the youngest in my family, but I have loads of dirt on my older siblings. And no one knows.
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If you butter the bread and make it like grilled cheese it's delicious