Feed my curiosity...

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what do all of you guys do for a living? I'm genuinely just curious to see the amount of job diversity around here. I work in the medical field as an "Antigen Mixing Technician" as my official title. It's a pretty interesting job. I just dilute antigens for injection and human exposure to measure toxicity levels, based on individual formularies. What do you guys do?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I focus on trying to improve my social skills so i may one day have a good job, pay well and support myself on my own without needing assistance, maybe find a Lady and start a family with her. That is what i do currently. Sad? Pathetic? Yes, i know but is just for now.
Nothing wrong with that though.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with that though.
I guess not, but people have opinions, I'm sure you know. I been dealing with the idea of me having aspergers syndrome for years now, at early age. Because of this, i been finding various centers and programs to help improve with it. Main reason is socializing, one important aspect of working is being able to work with others, so that is my reason. Believe me is not anything good as how someone may think of it. Is very bad and kinda lame. Bottom line is people want me or expect me to adapt to others situation to do well instead of just placing me in a recommended place for doing things, as i said many times before, there isn't anything wrong with people who have slight personality differences or mental disorders, is just the people they interact with aren't always the best of compatibility.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess not, but people have opinions, I'm sure you know. I been dealing with the idea of me having aspergers syndrome for years now, at early age. Because of this, i been finding various centers and programs to help improve with it. Main reason is socializing, one important aspect of working is being able to work with others, so that is my reason. Believe me is not anything good as how someone may think of it. Is very bad and kinda lame. Bottom line is people want me or expect me to adapt to others situation to do well instead of just placing me in a recommended place for doing things, as i said many times before, there isn't anything wrong with people who have slight personality differences or mental disorders, is just the people they interact with aren't always the best of compatibility.
I agree with you 100%. As someone who suffers from SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder) I really sort of get where you are coming from. I'm lucky enough to work with a very small group of people so it makes things easier. Small doses.

Reactions: Webbmaster1900

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm a university student hoping to graduate in Computer Science with Maths and Physics as my minors. I'm not studious but I get the job done. I intend to make a career in either game programming or systems engineering.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with you 100%. As someone who suffers from SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder) I really sort of get where you are coming from. I'm lucky enough to work with a very small group of people so it makes things easier. Small doses.
Various people have their own personal problems, when together with others, socializing, these small personal problems come out and flame others, metaphoric speak, for example a flame catches on to other things and increase in volume. These problems is what cause people to generate such various problems between socialize places in society. For me is been bullies in school, deception, dishonesty, robbing, and general negativity. Though now i don't go to school is just basically people around neighborhood are the new problem, of course crime in general in the neighborhood is a problem so i'm not surprised.

Various people on edge with many things, not trusting people, not wanting to be bothered with people, selfishness, everyone for themself. I dunno, is just a different time where things get bad and keep getting worst than better. The idea of no one looking out for each other especially when the lesser person can use it, is just bad sight for sore eyes. Besides that, me on the other hand, i just rather have something to look forward to than just have to deal with so many different things that make it seem like i have excuses for my lack of (whatever it is i do or say) that isn't helping me or anyone. I don't want problems or trouble, with other people talking bad about me, to me or against me, while it will happen regardless of what i want, is just a matter of how to deal and cope with it.

Find a place to have people you can get along with, i don't need diagnosis with aspergers, i don't need to be told something about me is uncommon, i need people i can get along with being the way i am and accepted for it. Not convert me to a more desired person or expected personality to fit with others.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working my first job at a gas station for about 7-8 months mostly night shift still unable to formulate a proper sleeping schedule. Doors are locked from 11-whatever time I feel like it between 5-7 am.
I always have time to be on my phone or such that I take advantage and forget I'm at work like right now as I type this. One time I literally showed up and knew it was gonna be dead so set my tablet on a stand and watched a whole movie with 5-8 customers at most interupting me. I like the morning shift's better as at night I get to carried away and it teache's me nothing abut responsibility and job skills. Still I do my job the way im suppose to and make a decent check every week.

I do however wish to be motivated further in the future with my life. I don't as of right now but I do want to go to college, just not in the state I'm in. With the money I saved I was able to buy and put together a nice pc rig that could open many possibilities down the road for me. I'm very interested in the world of technology so programming and hardware engineering are career options I can look forward to.

Last edited by BlackWizzard17,
K

KingpinSlim

I work private Security.
I have been seriously injured once, collapsed at work twice now and returned from a life-threatening surgery two days after to work night-shift.
I am rarely, if ever, awake during the day and my body is beginning to seriously suffer from the constant exhaustion and strain.
I love videogames and collect consoles, but don't even play an hour a week on average because my free-time is filled with sleep, and little else.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I work private Security.
I have been seriously injured once, collapsed at work twice now and returned from a life-threatening surgery two days after to work night-shift.
I am rarely, if ever, awake during the day and my body is beginning to seriously suffer from the constant exhaustion and strain.
I love videogames and collect consoles, but don't even play an hour a week on average because my free-time is filled with sleep, and little else.
Damn dude, sounds like you need a career change.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working my first job at a gas station for about 7-8 months mostly night shift still unable to formulate a proper sleeping schedule. Doors are locked from 11-whatever time I feel like it between 5-7 am.
I always have time to be on my phone or such that I take advantage and forget I'm at work like right now as I type this. One time I literally showed up and knew it was gonna be dead so set my tablet on a stand and watched a whole movie with 5-8 customers at most interupting me. I like the morning shift's better as at night I get to carried away and it teache's me nothing abut responsibility and job skills. Still I do my job the way im suppose to and make a decent check every week.

I do however wish to be motivated further in the future with my life. I don't as of right now but I do want to go to college, just not in the state I'm in. With the money I saved I was able to buy and put together a nice pc rig that could open many possibilities down the road for me. I'm very interested in the world of technology so programming and hardware engineering are career options I can look forward to.
Nothing wrong with trying to figure yourself out. Hell I'm almost 30 and still don't really know what I want to do forever Lol...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hopefully it all goes well.

So you do an advanced form of stoichiometry on a daily basis?
I do, that's basically the entirety of my job.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Professional layabout.

More seriously rapid fabrication and failure analysis for anything electrical, electromechanical or straight up mechanical that is either expensive or does not have a dedicated support structure for (I can fix cars but I am no mechanic sort of thing). However as I live in the UK there is not the greatest call for that (there is next to no industry here, most fabricators I know in anywhere you would care to get to and from in a long day are doing a kind of working retirement or heading towards retirement) and everyone seems to prefer to buy new things, though it does mean I get the "junk" and for two hours of my time and not much in parts I get cool stuff.
To that end a lot of IT as well, though part of that is my inability to keep my mouth shut as people quote silly prices for things and I found myself stepping in to do it instead.
For fun, and rather than doing something disgusting like joining a gym, I call myself a labourer on building sites from time to time, though that usually means fixing up power tools this last year or so.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm an IT Consultant for a company in the UK. I manage US content for some of the websites they run, as well as deal with support tickets and user payments and such.

I work from home, and I've become so efficient at my job that I can finish my "daily" work in something like an hour of semi-constant work. The rest of the 5 hours I'm paid for (the company sets my total hour I can work in a day, which is currently 6) is basically monitoring support tickets that trickle in and that's about it. B-)

And then I also troubleshoot/fix PCs on the side, though I haven't had anything for that in like 4+ months lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far