Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Professional layabout.

More seriously rapid fabrication and failure analysis for anything electrical, electromechanical or straight up mechanical that is either expensive or does not have a dedicated support structure for (I can fix cars but I am no mechanic sort of thing). However as I live in the UK there is not the greatest call for that (there is next to no industry here, most fabricators I know in anywhere you would care to get to and from in a long day are doing a kind of working retirement or heading towards retirement) and everyone seems to prefer to buy new things, though it does mean I get the "junk" and for two hours of my time and not much in parts I get cool stuff.
To that end a lot of IT as well, though part of that is my inability to keep my mouth shut as people quote silly prices for things and I found myself stepping in to do it instead.
For fun, and rather than doing something disgusting like joining a gym, I call myself a labourer on building sites from time to time, though that usually means fixing up power tools this last year or so.
That's actually really neat though. Ambitious I would say.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm an IT Consultant for a company in the UK. I manage US content for some of the websites they run, as well as deal with support tickets and user payments and such.

I work from home, and I've become so efficient at my job that I can finish my "daily" work in something like an hour of semi-constant work. The rest of the 5 hours I'm paid for (the company sets my total hour I can work in a day, which is currently 6) is basically monitoring support tickets that trickle in and that's about it. B-)

And then I also troubleshoot/fix PCs on the side, though I haven't had anything for that in like 4+ months lol.
Lol I do the same thing on the side, just for shits and giggles really I don't make much but it's a nice hobby. Haha

ikral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I operate production in fertilizer factory, job is mostly boring but that's good, have plenty of time to surf Internets and to play 3DS. I do work in shifts and I'm kinda underpayed but at least there is air-conditioning and no-one is bothering me. Could be worse I presume...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I focus on trying to improve my social skills so i may one day have a good job, pay well and support myself on my own without needing assistance, maybe find a Lady and start a family with her. That is what i do currently. Sad? Pathetic? Yes, i know but is just for now.
Same 100%, and I have AS as well.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I work in the automotive industry, I guess as a car assembler. Pay is decent, but I plan to go to university to gain a bit more job security.
My sister is a certified mechanic. She enjoys it a lot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so, i hope work with animation in the future, but for now i just need a job to have money
I hear ya, any job is better than no job right?

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm a 10th-grader, so that's what i am currently doing. Looking to become an engineer at some point. Gonna work this summer, at what's called a "Tourist-lodge" to stack up some cash for whatever i might need it for, and to get some experience working. Nothing more than that really. On my spare time, i ride my motorcycle (Honda XL Varadero 125 2015), ride my BMX, go alpine skiing combined with freeride, and i play a lot of video-games. Fave games right now are probably the LBP-games, Ratchet & Clank Games, Spyro-Games, Borderlands-Games (Especially the second), CS:GO (I spend a lot of time playing that), and Skyrim (a fucking fantastic game). I play on pc, but i have a 3ds, a psp, and i share a ps4 with my younger brothers. I listen to a wide variety of music, from classical, to post-hardcore, to electronic genres like dnb, or house, or whatever. i mostly listen to electronic music though.

As for that job at the tourist-lodge, i'm gonna do the dishes, Clean rooms, and stuff like that.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same 100%, and I have AS as well.
so, i hope work with animation in the future, but for now i just need a job to have money
To be honest, I think most people find it frustrating to manage balancing a social life and work requirements, least long enough to have other hobbies like maybe playing games and or finding a mate. I noticed that watching a tv show from over 10 years ago when that was the concept of the show is a man having a important job working at a transaliance airline company, very successful and single, and every time he would want to date, his very important job gets in the way with the fact he is randomly call in for important decision making constantly and balancing such things is hard.

With that said, i had tried to consider this possibility of some aspects of life maybe bad for some who can't handle it. People who maybe wanna focus on having a mate and family, with friends, before trying to aim for a job, or maybe aim for job to get into a more independent position to have money for doing such things like dating or being with friend. Not everyone is all that capable of planning such things accurate into the future with confidence especially with personal problems with social complexity and others. Perhaps as years go by, survival gets harder for everyone and lesser people aren't being supported either. Is sad tragic story to say the least, but true one. :unsure:

Still even with such complex in socializing, still i think is possible that is not really any kind of disorder or syndrome, is just a matter of bad luck encountering the wrong kind of people, since no one has clues what can happen when finding them, is just how some encounters are, even knowing that aspergers syndrome is a thing, i still feel like is not really the case as to why people may face such social complex. :ninja:

Reactions: BlueFox gui

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I work at a law firm as an IT Security Analyst. I also work on servers, networks, on the help desk , basically a jack of all trades in IT. I love it but sometimes it can get a bit boring.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To be honest, I think most people find it frustrating to manage balancing a social life and work requirements, least long enough to have other hobbies like maybe playing games and or finding a mate. I noticed that watching a tv show from over 10 years ago when that was the concept of the show is a man having a important job working at a transaliance airline company, very successful and single, and every time he would want to date, his very important job gets in the way with the fact he is randomly call in for important decision making constantly and balancing such things is hard.

With that said, i had tried to consider this possibility of some aspects of life maybe bad for some who can't handle it. People who maybe wanna focus on having a mate and family, with friends, before trying to aim for a job, or maybe aim for job to get into a more independent position to have money for doing such things like dating or being with friend. Not everyone is all that capable of planning such things accurate into the future with confidence especially with personal problems with social complexity and others. Perhaps as years go by, survival gets harder for everyone and lesser people aren't being supported either. Is sad tragic story to say the least, but true one. :unsure:

Still even with such complex in socializing, still i think is possible that is not really any kind of disorder or syndrome, is just a matter of bad luck encountering the wrong kind of people, since no one has clues what can happen when finding them, is just how some encounters are, even knowing that aspergers syndrome is a thing, i still feel like is not really the case as to why people may face such social complex. :ninja:
I have a similar thought regarding aspergers syndrome, i think its just some fair, and people can make friends normally, they just need help, i have some friends at school, but i just talk with them on school, i don't hang out with someone, i don't talk with anyone outside school, i just say in my home all the day

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...