FCE Ultra GX 3.4.0 Beta - Feedback requested!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Tantric, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Tantric
    OP

Tantric GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2007
    Canada
    Hi All,

Here's a beta of FCE Ultra GX.
    https://github.com/dborth/fceugx/files/2295735/FCEUltraGX-3.4.0-Beta1.zip

Please post your feedback regarding anything that's worse in this beta than the previous 3.3.9 release.

Changelog:

* Updated to the latest FCEUX core
    * Allow loader to pass two arguments instead of three (libertyernie)
    * Added PocketNES interoperability (load ROMs and read/write SRAM)
    * Added option to not append " Auto" on saves
    * Added soft and sharp video filtering options
    * Removed update check completely
    * Compilation fixes for DevkitPPC

AzzidReign, Linkuei, Hakaisha and 7 others like this.
  2. Tanooki16

Tanooki16 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2009
    France
    Great to have resumed development, anyway thank you for everything you have done so far.

After test I think that the beta version works well ;) just a pity that backups do not work for disk system games, and some disk system sounds do not sound very good, is it serviceable ?

otherwise, if you agree, I enclose the source files with the updated palettes in case you want them integrated in the official version (I made txt files that will tell you what I deleted and added), for you to see ;)

Attached Files:

rogerioronin likes this.
  3. SieKensou

SieKensou Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    Spain
    @Tanooki16 Could you share the code and fixes to add the mapper of the game Magic Kid GooGoo to the official Tantric release, please?

4. xtopher

xtopher Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2013
    Hello,

I've tested (pad and gun games) and everything is ok here.
    It's a great work as always.
    Thanks. :yaywii:

5. Tanooki16

Tanooki16 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2009
    France
    @SieKensou No need, because Tantric as updated FCEUX which supports the mapper 190 ^^

6. kdash2k11

kdash2k11 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2018
    Venezuela
    Hi, Jackal and other games don´t load in 3.3.9.

3.4.0 fix it?

7. Tanooki16

Tanooki16 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2009
    France
    @kdash2k11 For Jackal I can confirm that it works already very well on 3.3.9, try with another rom (I advise you no-intro) ;)

8. Flo_o

Flo_o Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    Thank you so much Tantric for the new fresh update! Will test it today :) I hope you can do the same with VBAGX

9. Flo_o

Flo_o Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    Oh wait, awesome, i see that you have also updated VBAGX! Do you need also testing for that version Tantric?

10. SieKensou

SieKensou Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    Spain
    Cool, good to know it! :)
    I will test some games to see if everything in this new version works good.

11. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    I tested many games and couldn´t find any bugs or other issues.

12. ultramodern

ultramodern Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2017
    United States
    Would be great to see a scan-lines filter like the snes emulator

13. marmalade

marmalade Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2016
    United States
    The new FCEUGX runs really great, thanks, tho I have some issues and suggestions

The first being in Settings the "Go Back" button is highlighted by default whereas in other menus and SNESGX Settings the first sub-folder is highlighted which should be the way with FCEUGX for consistency with menus

Second the Zapper is a bit too sensitive to control with the GameCube controller and would be good if the crosshair moved slower across the screen

Another thing is a suggestion for "Vertical" to be the default cropping as this is how a CRT television crops the display, like in Super Mario Bros the bottom tiles on the first level would be halved tho you would still see the width of the display

newo likes this.
  14. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Just curious, will there be support for wii u game pad and pro controller on wii u? :yayu:

15. marmalade

marmalade Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2016
    United States
    I noticed 1 more thing while testing and comparing with VBAGX and SNESGX

FCEUGX has no Cover and Artwork directories in "Saving & Loading" Settings, and in "Menu" Settings there is no Preview Image option for Screenshots, Covers, Artworks, tho it is present in both VBAGX and SNESGX

16. cebolleto

cebolleto GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2010
    Were those features ever introduced in FCEUGX or VBAGX? I think they were only added on Snes9xGX

17. marmalade

marmalade Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2016
    United States
    Its in the latest SNESGX and VBAGX, I think with the tweaks to FCEUGX I mention in my past 2 posts FCEUGX would be perfect and equivalent with the other GX emulators

18. Flo_o

Flo_o Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    Tested several games Tantric, they are working perfectly! Many thanks! One question about the familiar 'edited versions of certain Konami games' problem, like english translations for japanese konami games, games like Ganbare Goemon Gaiden 2: Tenka no Zaihou that are translated in english don't work on a lot of emulators, including FCEUGX (here is the project page: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3748/), i've tested the game with the PC version of FCEUX and it is working, is it easy to add compatability for the Wii version with these kind of games?

19. Flo_o

Flo_o Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    I hate to say it but i have a problem with version 3.4.0, when i play a game for a long time and exiting FCE Ultra GX afterwards, i got a black screen and can only go back to the loader (in this case the last version of USB Loader GX) by a hard reset, got the settings in the menu set to 'exit to loader'. I don't have this problem with newest SNES GX and VBA GX, does somebody else have this problem too or is just me?

20. libertyernie

libertyernie GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2011
    United States
    Thanks for including my command line arguments patch in new builds!

One of these days I should post a tutorial on using Homebrew Channel as an ersatz game launcher like I do.