Homebrew FCE Ultra GX 3.4.0 Beta - Feedback requested!

Tantric

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,

Here's a beta of FCE Ultra GX.
https://github.com/dborth/fceugx/files/2295735/FCEUltraGX-3.4.0-Beta1.zip

Please post your feedback regarding anything that's worse in this beta than the previous 3.3.9 release.

Changelog:

* Updated to the latest FCEUX core
* Allow loader to pass two arguments instead of three (libertyernie)
* Added PocketNES interoperability (load ROMs and read/write SRAM)
* Added option to not append " Auto" on saves
* Added soft and sharp video filtering options
* Removed update check completely
* Compilation fixes for DevkitPPC

Tanooki16

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great to have resumed development, anyway thank you for everything you have done so far.

After test I think that the beta version works well ;) just a pity that backups do not work for disk system games, and some disk system sounds do not sound very good, is it serviceable ?

otherwise, if you agree, I enclose the source files with the updated palettes in case you want them integrated in the official version (I made txt files that will tell you what I deleted and added), for you to see ;)

Attachments

• source (palettes).zip
    35.2 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: rogerioronin

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much Tantric for the new fresh update! Will test it today :) I hope you can do the same with VBAGX

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wait, awesome, i see that you have also updated VBAGX! Do you need also testing for that version Tantric?

marmalade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new FCEUGX runs really great, thanks, tho I have some issues and suggestions

The first being in Settings the "Go Back" button is highlighted by default whereas in other menus and SNESGX Settings the first sub-folder is highlighted which should be the way with FCEUGX for consistency with menus

Second the Zapper is a bit too sensitive to control with the GameCube controller and would be good if the crosshair moved slower across the screen

Another thing is a suggestion for "Vertical" to be the default cropping as this is how a CRT television crops the display, like in Super Mario Bros the bottom tiles on the first level would be halved tho you would still see the width of the display

Reactions: newo

marmalade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed 1 more thing while testing and comparing with VBAGX and SNESGX

FCEUGX has no Cover and Artwork directories in "Saving & Loading" Settings, and in "Menu" Settings there is no Preview Image option for Screenshots, Covers, Artworks, tho it is present in both VBAGX and SNESGX

cebolleto

Trophies
XP
Country
FCEUGX has no Cover and Artwork directories in "Saving & Loading" Settings, and in "Menu" Settings there is no Preview Image option for Screenshots, Covers, Artworks, tho it is present in both VBAGX and SNESGX

Were those features ever introduced in FCEUGX or VBAGX? I think they were only added on Snes9xGX

marmalade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were those features ever introduced in FCEUGX or VBAGX? I think they were only added on Snes9xGX

Its in the latest SNESGX and VBAGX, I think with the tweaks to FCEUGX I mention in my past 2 posts FCEUGX would be perfect and equivalent with the other GX emulators

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested several games Tantric, they are working perfectly! Many thanks! One question about the familiar 'edited versions of certain Konami games' problem, like english translations for japanese konami games, games like Ganbare Goemon Gaiden 2: Tenka no Zaihou that are translated in english don't work on a lot of emulators, including FCEUGX (here is the project page: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3748/), i've tested the game with the PC version of FCEUX and it is working, is it easy to add compatability for the Wii version with these kind of games?

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
I hate to say it but i have a problem with version 3.4.0, when i play a game for a long time and exiting FCE Ultra GX afterwards, i got a black screen and can only go back to the loader (in this case the last version of USB Loader GX) by a hard reset, got the settings in the menu set to 'exit to loader'. I don't have this problem with newest SNES GX and VBA GX, does somebody else have this problem too or is just me?

libertyernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for including my command line arguments patch in new builds!

One of these days I should post a tutorial on using Homebrew Channel as an ersatz game launcher like I do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off