Goombas and Toadettes, Today marks week 2 of the FC130 Bluetooth controller contest! Just like last week, we have one controller to give to the lucky winner for this week!
Your task this time is to create your own sprite art! In some circles, also called pixel art.
Sprites, as you may or may not know, is how graphics were normally presented in 8 or 16 bit games, and sprites are still used today in some instances. The first examples of sprites were very primitive, usually in one color, and were rendered on the fly by the hardware. By the 8 bit era, sprites were usually stored in ROM, premade, and called into existence by the game, and the colors were chosen by the pre-selected color palette.
1. Your sprite art may either be completely original, or based from a sprite from a pre-existing game, IF it can stand as it's own work. That means you can't just do a color swap and get away with it. It has to be essentially unrecognizable from the source material. (Example: Here you see a Megaman sprite, and here, some sprite art I created based from the same sprite. For those that have been living under a rock, it's Cyclops from the X-men. You see how the only similar aspects are the general shape of it, and of course the iconic pose. )
2. You may change, edit, revise, or remove your entry any time before the close of the contest by editing your post.
3. One entry per IP address, per member. One piece of sprite art per entry.
4. Plagiarism is a no no. If your art is found on another site, you may not submit it. This extends to art you may have submitted or published to other sites under your own name.
5. If you see someone breaking the rules, do not post it in the thread. This could start a flame war that, honestly I don't really want to clean up. So instead, shoot me a PM, and link me to the offending post or entry, and I'll take care of it.
6. Removal of your content (AKA: Taking your ball and going home) after the contest ends will have you put on a blacklist that will indefinitely bar you from any further GBAtemp events.
7. Anyone disobeying these rules can lead to consequences including but not limited to: Having to present an alternative entry, disqualification from the contest, and disqualification from any future GBAtemp events.
8. Have fun! As a reminder, please remember that these contests are to bring GBAtemp together as a community and have a little fun as a distraction from the various (and often heated) discussions on this board.
9. All entries must be submitted by Monday, August 5th, by 11:59 PM PST. The contest winner will be decided the next day.