Hacking FBI crashes on launch

~Russ~

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following the instructions for setting up CFW provided by 3ds.guide. I was able to boot9strap and Luma3DS, but am having trouble with the final steps of the installation process, specifically launching FBI to install CIAs. When I start FBI, I'm confronted with this lovely error message. Here is one of the dump files it generated. I'm not finding anything similar to this when searching (though I might just be doing a poor job searching) and I'm not nearly knowledge enough about the 3DS to figure out what might have gone wrong. I don't suppose anybody would be able to help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

~Russ~

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't see that from the list of options. Holding select on boot gives me these choices.
(It does occur to me that Patch arm9 access might be the same thing, but the warning to not tick it unless I know what I'm doing has my cautious, as I most certainly do not know what I'm doing.)

Additionally, after poking around a bit, I've come to realize that FBI is not the only app this occurs with. For example, Save Manager, which previously worked when running Homebrew Launcher from the Sound exploit, no longer launches either, giving me an identical error message. This would lead me to believe I messed something up during CFW installation, but I can't imagine what; I followed the steps exactly as listed.

Last edited by ~Russ~,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't see that from the list of options. Holding select on boot gives me these choices.

Additionally, after poking around a bit, I've come to realize that FBI is not the only app this occurs with. For example, Save Manager, which previously worked when running Homebrew Launcher from the Sound exploit, no longer launches either, giving me an identical error message. This would lead me to believe I messed something up during CFW installation, but I can't imagine what; I followed the steps exactly as listed.
It's right there you know... "Patch ARM9 access"

~Russ~

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it occurred to me after I posted that that might be the option (hence the edit to my post), but given the warning not to press it unless I knew what I was doing, I figured I'd verify first rather than poke around with potentially volatile options.

Regardless, doing that produced much the same error.

Last edited by ~Russ~,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
(It does occur to me that Patch arm9 access might be the same thing, but the warning to not tick it unless I know what I'm doing has my cautious, as I most certainly do not know what I'm doing.)

Yeah sorry I got the name wrong :)

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You can always just do it the good old way of mounting the CIA to Health & Safety using GodMode9 and installing the CIAs through there... CIA FBI works much better than 3dsx one after all!:P

~Russ~

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always just do it the good old way of mounting the CIA to Health & Safety using GodMode9 and installing the CIAs through there... CIA FBI works much better than 3dsx one after all!:P
Is there any guide on how to go about this? I apologize for being a hassle, but I know very little about... well, just about anything relating to 3DS homebrew, other than the very, very basics of CFW.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Reactions: ThoD

~Russ~

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP