Hacking fbi cias safe?

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I don't know if I'm allowed to say it so I won't go into much detail, I have a pokemon ultra sun .cia, if I install through FBI can I play it online? I'm not sure how title keys work and what-not.

Thanks!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be clear, it was unsafe to play the game online before the release date. Since the release date has come and gone, it is safe.

Reactions: wormdood

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A content (one partition of a physical game's rom, or one .app file) downloaded from Nintendo servers is encrypted with a code, which can be calculated by knowing some factors (mainly the titleid of the game and the key selection, factors which are publicly accessible, and its titlekey, which is included in the "ticket" which you're supposed to buy from the eShop - but titlekeys can also be found on certain 3rd party sites)

That is enough to decrypt a game to the point it can be installed

Then, 9.6+ games also have "seed" encryption covering the romfs and the actual executable (this means that among things NOT further encrypted with the seed are the icon and banner), which means - unless the game was fully decrypted (also called "cryptofixing") before installation - that a seed is required to actually run the game... the whole principle behing digital preorders is that you get the files and the titlekey at your leisure, then when the game is launched you can claim the seed afterwards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM