Homebrew FBI cia manager not installing CIAs and other things

Markoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds version is 11.8 and I got Homebrew and CFW and also got FBI. I wanted to download some games through FBI since Freeshop got rekt by Nintendo, but for some reason my brother still has freeshop on his 3DS that's on 11.7 and games still download and work (even though 3ds title keys also got rekt.) So, while my game is downloading towards the end (or sometimes when it finishes) I get an error, and it reads,

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xD8E0806A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)

On top of that, on the Main Menu when I click update, it says

Failed to check for update.
Result code: 0xD963F806
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Internal (11)
Module: Application (254)
Desc: Bad data (6)

I don't know if that's normal.

Another thing to know is that when the file fails to download, I go to the Eshop and it says I can redownload the game im trying to install as a CIA and still fails and I get error code 007-2920 (trying to get Kirby Triple Deluxe and Smash Bros 3DS.)
Another strange thing is that I somehow successfully downloaded the Smash Bros DLC. Maybe smaller cias work? Idk, I should try.

Notes

FBI version is 2.5.0

My sysNAND version is 11.8 (the latest one as of now)
I homebrewed my 3ds before (in 11.6 with a whole different account and still had this problem) with custom firware before before I shortly removed cfw and everything else, then I formatted my 3DS and left it like that for a few months, then dusted it off, and put cfw and homebrew again, and now we're here (I did delete my old account)
Homebrew version is Rosalina v2.0.0, and yes, I use Luma3DS

All I want is to just install cia successfully but I dont know what to do because of this.

One last thing is that when I look at other posts with a similar problem, all they say is use the cia version, or use the homebrew version and I tried these methods and all I get is the same problem. And no, I dont have wifi problems since Im always next to it.

Plz help. What to do? Am I banned?

Markoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was browsing the TitleDB's in FBI, I stumbled upon Earthbound and successfully downloaded it. Maybe smaller files do work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT