Favorite 'wierd' games

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you ever played a game that really odd but you still thoroughly enjoyed it?
Go ahead and tell us all what it was.
A couple that I played were Umihara Kawase (original and Shun). This game was really odd and I could never understand how to save. And when I finally beat it, I was shocked when hentai came up after the credits.
Another that I have played is LSD. No words can possibly describe that game. It really made no sense but I did enjoy it and everyone should check it out.
So what are some odd games you have played?

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dudenator said:
Another that I have played is LSD. No words can possibly describe that game. It really made no sense but I did enjoy it and everyone should check it out.

As soon as I read the title, this is what I thought of. I guess people would consider killer7 and Flower, Sun, and Rain as strange too, and they were tooooo good.

ImpulsE69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incredible Crisis on PSX - fun but very weird.

Um Jammer Lammy..while it was the sequel to parappa the rapper, the subject matter and visuals were the makings of a bad acid trip. I kept playing just to see what would come next...

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bixbite said:
dudenator said:

As soon as I read the title, this is what I thought of. I guess people would consider killer7 and Flower, Sun, and Rain as strange too, and they were tooooo good.
I was also thinking LSD, although I never did play it. Ugh, even through just videos, I freak out.

I have played a few weird games, but none really come to mind. Wait, one game that I do remember is Don't Shoot the Puppy. Many people know it, and it probably isn't THAT weird, but I just find the concept to be a bit odd.

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ImpulsE69 said:
Incredible Crisis on PSX - fun but very weird.

Um Jammer Lammy..while it was the sequel to parappa the rapper, the subject matter and visuals were the makings of a bad acid trip. I kept playing just to see what would come next...

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Is UJL weird? Well then count me in for that too! I love Lammy!

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Bixbite said:
dudenator said:

I was also thinking LSD, although I never did play it. Ugh, even through just videos, I freak out.

I have played a few weird games, but none really come to mind. Wait, one game that I do remember is Don't Shoot the Puppy. Many people know it, and it probably isn't THAT weird, but I just find the concept to be a bit odd.

Apparently Yume Nikki is kinda like LSD but worse.

From the Wikipedia Page:
Players explore the dreams of the fictional character Madotsuki. It is through this that the player is able to view scenes that are recognized as being genuinely disturbing at times, such as being swallowed by a large red sewer-creature, meeting a disembodied head character known only as Uboa (who then transports the player to an endless, repeating stretch of map) and experiencing a looping FMV sequence with a girl with five arms.

Fansite:
http://www.theneitherworld.com/yumenikki/index.htm

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow most of these games I have played or have beaten. Yume Nikki was extremely odd. Going into a girl's dream world to find objects like a knife and a lamp, didn't really make a whole lot of sense. Um Jammer Lammy was really fun also, any fans of rhythm games should check that one out also Parappa the Rapper.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one said Thrill Kill? That's one fucked up game.

Meh, I haven't played many "weird" games, so I can't really say that much here. No More Heroes was kinda odd and offbeat, so I guess I'd say that. The original, mind you, not the sequel.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm reminded of the days before the internet, when crazy games were found on accident.

Like the day I went to the store to buy a new NES game, and saw one on the shelf that had Dracula, The Creature From The Black Lagoon, and a bunch of less identifiable, yet equally awesome monsters on the cover.

Imagine my surprise putting in Monster Party, and discovering I was playing a kid with a baseball bat that could transform into a purple-armor wearing birdman that spit fire when I took drugs. And that the first boss was an appetizer platter from a theme restaurant that dripped blood as it jumped at me.

The second boss was already dead when I came to it.

It only got weirder as I went.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
One game that has not been mentioned yet, and is pretty weird (and brilliant) is The Gregory Horror Show on PS2.

It kinda came and went, and was based on some japanese show or comic or something. I really wish I had never sold my copy, I must buy it again. Back when I was a dumb kid I sold pretty much all my games, now I never do.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one that pops into my head is Penn & Teller's Sega CD game. It's the one with that infamous Bus Simulator. You know which one i'm talking about.

I don't know if that game is any good (i.e. much fun), cause i haven't actually played it, but yea, it's a great weird game!
tongue.gif

choconado said:
I'm reminded of the days before the internet, when crazy games were found on accident.

Like the day I went to the store to buy a new NES game, and saw one on the shelf that had Dracula, The Creature From The Black Lagoon, and a bunch of less identifiable, yet equally awesome monsters on the cover.

Imagine my surprise putting in Monster Party, and discovering I was playing a kid with a baseball bat that could transform into a purple-armor wearing birdman that spit fire when I took drugs. And that the first boss was an appetizer platter from a theme restaurant that dripped blood as it jumped at me.

The second boss was already dead when I came to it.

It only got weirder as I went.

I think you should find the name of that game and share it with the rest of us.

In otherwords, GIMME GIMME GIMME! Sounds like good time forked up shit.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)