not famous
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I know this game is old (2001 lol) but it is still VERY popular and is probably one of the best games ever.
tongue.gif

ive been playing recently (because of ssbb hype) so i have been wondering who is your favorite character? also do you consider yourself a very good player?

I play as link
biggrin.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Sheik (Zelda)
I was good at it when I played it all the time with friends a few years ago, but I pulled it out last night and started playing just to find that I'm rusty.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was a huge fan of SSB64 when it came out. I still play 'til this very day. I only picked up Melee 2 years ago. I consider myself better than average. I can do all the advance techniques but with few errors at times.

I main Falco.. but I love using Captain Falcon for the combos. I'm hoping for Captain Falcon's return (though I'm 100% sure that he's going to return). Going to main him for his over powered Knee and combos again.
biggrin.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use samus most the time.

I love using pikachu and spamming the B - down attack. PIKA! pisses people off something awful
biggrin.gif

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I mostly play with Mario, but my absolute favorite is Marth. I personally think I'm pretty good with Marth. I've been in two tournaments and got a couple of wins(eventually lost to Wes, for those who know him).

anark-e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm the one who voted Ganon.

I actually use a fairly wide range of characters including (in no particular order):
Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Mario, Luigi, Ganondorf, Peach, Samus, Link

In the end though, I'm probably best with Fox/Falco, and Ganon is my favorite because he just hits so flippin' hard. It's fun to kill people with your neutral A.

I am, however, pretty happy with my Peach skill. Took second in a local tournament with her once. Lost to a Sheik player.

iffy525

not famous
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
i would consider myself an above average player. i can do all the advanced techniques (wavedashing, wavelanding, L-canceling, fast fall, short hop, teching), and im the best out of my friends. The only problem is that ive never played in a tournament, so i would never know if i was a great player or not.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Falco FTW! His side-A attack totally owns. My awesome strategy with Falco-

1. get close to opponent, just close enough for them to hit you with a strong attack

3. wait for person to use a strong but slightly slow attack (like say, a smash attack)

4. roll to the side the opponent is not facing, right before the attack hits (roll= L+ tilt joystick left or right); if you didn't know how to roll, you've been missing out on a lot of pissing ppl off my friend
laugh.gif

5. quickly use the side-A attack! Make sure you don't charge up, just use the attack.

6. Repeat steps 1-5 until either they die, or (if you're facing a real person) the actual person attacks you out of frustration
biggrin.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Falco FTW! His side-A attack totally owns. My awesome strategy with Falco-

1. get close to opponent, just close enough for them to hit you with a strong attack

3. wait for person to use a strong but slightly slow attack (like say, a smash attack)

4. roll to the side the opponent is not facing, right before the attack hits (roll= L+ tilt joystick left or right); if you didn't know how to roll, you've been missing out on a lot of pissing ppl off my friend
laugh.gif

5. quickly use the side-A attack! Make sure you don't charge up, just use the attack.

6. Repeat steps 1-5 until either they die, or (if you're facing a real person) the actual person attacks you out of frustration
biggrin.gif
That would only work against someone who was really, really bad.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ness is the bomb, do a few rolls then baseball bat people. Plus he is like one of the hardest characters to learn to get back onto the stage, but once you nail it you are gunna pwn.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby was the best. Link was overrated and everyone was good with him.
Captain falcon was cool because of his falcon punch and falcon kick but seriously Kirby was the best no one can deny it but everyone is afraid of saying it because Kirby posed gay because of its color and its abilities.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby was the best. Link was overrated and everyone was good with him.
Captain falcon was cool because of his falcon punch and falcon kick but seriously Kirby was the best no one can deny it but everyone is afraid of saying it because Kirby posed gay because of its color and its abilities.

QUOTEall those characters stink were is snake ?
I think people are forgetting that this is Melee, not 64 or Brawl.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?