Gaming Favorite Castlevania DS game?

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just started playing the Castlevania DS trilogy. I played the GBA games and didn't like them that much. But after playing Order of Ecclesia and Portrait of Ruin, I think I've found something that strikes me the same way Symphony of the night did. I like both games but I prefer Order of Ecclesia more. What is your favorite game in the Castlevania DS trilogy?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should go back and play the GBA games at some point they're awesome. They're not that much different than the DS games other than the DS games usually had a DS gimmick. I've beaten all 3 on both systems.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Castlevania games are awesome except N64 2 sequels games were so-so. However, I still enjoyed 2 sequels N64 games anyway, lol.

darksweet

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE
Trophies
XP
Country
Portrait of Ruins the story is good, the game play is superb and is third to my list:
1. symphony of the night
2. aria of sorrow
3. portrait of ruins

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re: DS gimmicks. I would agree to a statement of them being the weakest element for the DS efforts. As such do remember as part of this most of the gimmicks can be lessened or outright removed with hacks
http://www.romhacking.net/?page=hac...0&order=&dir=&title=cas&author=&hacksearch=Go

Never did much for Order of Ecclesia, Portrait had some really nice ideas but the execution was not quite all there, and thus we are left with one choice, which then immediately gets compared to the GBA efforts which might beat it out.

I will have to give them all a go in modern times as it were, and also force out memories of Harmony of Despair and The Dracula X Chronicles, both of which did something for me.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Order of Ecclesia is my favorite, actually some hours ago I loaded my 100% save file just to do another round on the training hall.
Followed by Dawn of Sorrow I guess, but I liked Aria of Sorrow more.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Order of Ecclesia is my favorite, actually some hours ago I loaded my 100% save file just to do another round on the training hall.
Followed by Dawn of Sorrow I guess, but I liked Aria of Sorrow more.
Same for me, Order Of Ecclesia is #1 on my list followed by Dawn Of Sorrow

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually just finished Order of Ecclesia for the first time less than a month ago (on Wii U, a DS inject) I used to not think I liked it because of the short areas, but then I found out it was different the second half or so of the game. Really enjoyed it.

For those that haven't already you should play Bloodstained Ritual of the Night.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For those that haven't already you should play Bloodstained Ritual of the Night.
It is a great game to be honest, very good. But about the OST I miss a little the usual old Castlevania remixes that came with each new game. Bloody tears especially.

PS: Konami should be put to trial for holding and raping the Castlevania IP. Fuck their stupid Pachinkos.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM