Fates DLC Problem: "Could not detect an SD Card"

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Francesca, May 20, 2016.

1. Francesca
    OP

Francesca GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2015
    Armenia
    Upgrading my FE Fates DLC to a recenter version worked perfectly fine for me until I downloaded a DLC pack which included Sumeragi/Mikoto/etc. as playable characters. That DLC also worked, but caused the loading times when resetting the game to take incredibly long. I did a lot of radical deleting of save data and even the whole game itself, solving the problem, but ever since then I couldn't play any of the DLC Content again.

The full message I get when I try to load DLC in Dragon's Gate is as follows:

"Could not detect an SD Card.
    Please download the content again."

This happens whenever I try to install any version of DLC (tried with v11-13 at least). The message is different when I uninstall the DLC in BigBlueMenu (no longer talking about the SD Card and simply saying there's nothing there).

Besides BBM I've also tried FBI for installing the DLC. I've uninstalled and installed it multiple times.

My SD Card should be fine as I still use it to install other games no problem, and I play games off it on my CFW obviously. Perhaps there's a DLC folder on the SD Card? Or maybe something else could be the problem?

So far, what little advice I've received hasn't helped me much. Please help!

2. Francesca
    OP

Mar 17, 2015
    Armenia
    Bump, any idea what the problem could be?

I forgot to say it in the opening post, but I tried to run NTR (even though I think I didn't need it running a US regionfree ROM on a EUR system) after the installation and it didn't really help me resolve the problem.

3. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    You need to delete Fates' extdata. Be aware that in-battle saves, saves on the second and the third page and the New Decision option will get erased as well.

4. Francesca
    OP

Mar 17, 2015
    Armenia
    I've wiped data entirely (which should delete ExtData as well) and also deleted and reinstalled the game. Shouldn't that be enough / as much as it can be done in that regard?

5. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Try deleting Fates' Extra Data in Data Mangement.

6. Francesca
    OP

Mar 17, 2015
    Armenia
    Will this delete save files 4 to 9 as well?

7. ultramario1998

ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    I had your exact same problem.

Assuming you're getting the cia from the same place that I am, you should just need to redownload the latest version of the pack (I had my issues on v13, v14 is out now) and everything should just work.

If that doesn't work, then yeah, delete extdata (yes that will wipe saves 4-9) and DLC, and then try again.

8. Francesca
    OP

Mar 17, 2015
    Armenia
    Just installed v14 and without having to wipe any data, it installed successfully. Yay!

All the old DLC are there; however, only the first Heirs of Fate map is there (there are 3 of those out already). It states my turn count too (remembers it from the time DLC worked I imagine), so it doesn't seem like I would need to clear the first HoF map to unlock the next two.

Any idea about this little issue?

9. Francesca
    OP

Mar 17, 2015
    Armenia
    Just installed v15 with the recentest HoF map and guess what I got?

"Could not detect an SD Card.
    Please download the content again."

Haha, now it starts again and I didn't even figure out how to solve the one time I resolved the issue last time. Wow, game, fuck off.

10. Sad Chomper

Sad Chomper Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2016
    France
    I got the same problem too, did you figure out how to fix it up after all this time?