Hacking fat getf- 1, setWBFS- 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter matt1tude
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,585
  • Replies Replies 2

matt1tude

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 16, 2012
Messages
135
Reaction score
40
Trophies
0
Age
41
Location
Crewe, UK
XP
296
Country
Hello to you, I've just recently had my HDD formatted to WBFS and have had it that way for a good few years now. But I decided to bite the bullet and format it to FAT32 for the new USB Loading for NGC games I used wbfs2fat programme. Everything went well and all games are in .wbfs but the few games i checked afterwards worked fine apart from Arc Rise Fantasia which gave me a "fat getf- 1 and setwbfs- 2" when trying to boot with CFG Loader v70r45 (tried downgrading but still the same) if i use USB Loader GX it resets the Wii back to the main menu. It had no problems when my HDD was in WBFS partition.

Anyone with a solution to my prob, Cheers.
 
Check that the image is good. You can do that via the games internal SHA1 checksum. Eg using WBM or "wit verify".

Generally that game should run from FAT, but I have never converted it with wbfs2fat.
Which version did you use? (And did you use the ignore-error-6 option?)
If you can get me wbfs2fats backup or debug file I can take a closer look for other potential problems.

edit: check the fat32 for errors too
 
Cheers, I look into it and get back to ya.

Edit* sorted, I used Wii Backup Manager, tranfered the file to my laptop in ISO format then deleted the file on my HDD and finally tranfered the file back to my HDD (it automatically converted it to .wbfs) and now it is working again. Cheers again for te help bud.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted