Hacking Fastest way to transfer games from PC to internal HDD?

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
that's great! I was thinking you had a windows machine, but I think you said you had a mac (just forgot) in a previous post. anyway, glad you got it working.

My main desk PC is a Windows 10 machine. Thats what I was originally using to attempt this. I have my consoles all sitting in my entertainment unit at the TV (along with my router). I have everything hooked up to my router via ethernet, including the PC at my desk. --

Something you said above reminded me about the direct connection mode that Mac OS has inbuilt. You can take a ethernet cable and directly connect it to another device and it shares an internet connection from the WiFi.. I think its similar to the bridge mode in Windows that you were talking about. Anyway by doing this and connecting my Macbook directly to the 360 I'm pulling much better speeds.

It's a shame that having it hooked up via the router is so much slower because the overall setup is much neater. I could sit at my desk and work on it and I wouldn't have a long cable running through my room and over my bed. But this is a one off anyway.. When I have my library all transferred over, I can pack it all up.

Last edited by ThaKarra,
Reactions: godreborn

KachiKana

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I found myself in this dilemma recently with my new second-hand xbox slim and remembering how everything was done.

The best solution for me was to connect my internal HDD to the PC using SATA cable (could be another one) and then mounting the drive as FATX (sourceforge fatx), with this working, I managed to copy 500 GB at average HDD speed (70 to 130MB/s) with quite a bit of stabilization and very few software crashes, I didn't lose any data.

PS: Everything running on Arch Linux

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Transfer to a fast USB drive, and boot from USB, or copy via USB to hdd, also fsd will rip discs to hdd for you too, a decent drive should get 10mb/s or better

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My main desk PC is a Windows 10 machine. Thats what I was originally using to attempt this. I have my consoles all sitting in my entertainment unit at the TV (along with my router). I have everything hooked up to my router via ethernet, including the PC at my desk. --

Something you said above reminded me about the direct connection mode that Mac OS has inbuilt. You can take a ethernet cable and directly connect it to another device and it shares an internet connection from the WiFi.. I think its similar to the bridge mode in Windows that you were talking about. Anyway by doing this and connecting my Macbook directly to the 360 I'm pulling much better speeds.

It's a shame that having it hooked up via the router is so much slower because the overall setup is much neater. I could sit at my desk and work on it and I wouldn't have a long cable running through my room and over my bed. But this is a one off anyway.. When I have my library all transferred over, I can pack it all up.

I have a gigabit router/modem (fiber optic, dual band 2.4/5G), I should test it with that

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 360 won't be able to transfer beyond 10/100, because it's not designed to. the ps3 is faster with a gigabit transfer speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1