ROM Hack FAQ: PokeSav

zetsuei45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I read the guide but didn't read the replies, so this might have been answered but whatever. I've been using the pokesav for a while and I just started to have problems. I add pokemon to my save and try to load the game, but when I check my pokemon which I created, saved, then added to my save file, they were not in my box were I usually put them and what usually works. I think I need a new version of pokesav, but I'm not sure. My version is 038b and I'm using a G6 lite. If no one knows what is wrong, I can post exactly what I do to add pokemon to my file so someone can see if my process is sucky. Please help, I have two friends whom I try help with pokesav and I'd like to help them add pokemon again. Thanks.

zoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I read the guide but didn't read the replies, so this might have been answered but whatever. I've been using the pokesav for a while and I just started to have problems. I add pokemon to my save and try to load the game, but when I check my pokemon which I created, saved, then added to my save file, they were not in my box were I usually put them and what usually works. I think I need a new version of pokesav, but I'm not sure. My version is 038b and I'm using a G6 lite. If no one knows what is wrong, I can post exactly what I do to add pokemon to my file so someone can see if my process is sucky. Please help, I have two friends whom I try help with pokesav and I'd like to help them add pokemon again. Thanks.

I have the same problem using an EZ Flash 4 cart. I edit my .sav file using pokesav but when I copy it back to my EZFlash4, it doesn't read the changes. Can anybody shed any light on this issue?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I have the same problem using an EZ Flash 4 cart. I edit my .sav file using pokesav but when I copy it back to my EZFlash4, it doesn't read the changes. Can anybody shed any light on this issue?

i dont know how the ez flash 4 works can you tell me if it backs up your last save every time you turn it on if so load up a diffrent game on your ez flash 4 then edit your pokemon save. I had the same problem with my N-Card.

Belladonna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm...this probably is a stupid Q but i had the same problem when loading my sav file with pokesav but it tells me wrong file type. Some of the replies suggested to change the no$gba.ini...i couldnt find it...all i could find is an INP file..which could not be opened with notepad.

zoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

i dont know how the ez flash 4 works can you tell me if it backs up your last save every time you turn it on if so load up a diffrent game on your ez flash 4 then edit your pokemon save. I had the same problem with my N-Card.

Thanks for the reply. It does back up when you turn on the card. I have tried booting up after saving without playing a game. But haven't tried a different game. I will try this. Thanks again.

Axle15

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
If someone could help me out, I have a question. When using Pokesav to make my Pokemon appear to be hatched the Pokemon I get is exactly what I wanted, but there is one problem. It says it was obtained not recieved, in the location part of the Pokemon! Is there some way it could be changed as if it was normal?

gundamseedes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhmm i have a question.. why is is that when i use the mystery gift way of getting the member card. the inn at canalave city still doesnt open?. anyone>?

zoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
uhmm i have a question.. why is is that when i use the mystery gift way of getting the member card. the inn at canalave city still doesnt open?. anyone>?

Make sure you go into the events screen and enable the correct event. I'm not sure which is the correct event for the members card and I'm at work so can't find out. Also, try gamefaqs.com and read the ledgendary faq on there. I hope I haven't broken any rules by posting that link. Sorry if I have.

Hope that helps.

zoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Make sure you go into the events screen and enable the correct event. I'm not sure which is the correct event for the members card and I'm at work so can't find out. Also, try gamefaqs.com and read the ledgendary faq on there. I hope I haven't broken any rules by posting that link. Sorry if I have.

Hope that helps.

I tried this myself once I got home from work and I am having difficulty with both the darkrai event and arceus event. I will try to find map locations if I cannot get the events going.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just putting in the Member Card as a received Mystery Gift doesn't activate the event; receiving it from a Wonder Card (read: from a second DS with a second copy of the game/ROM) does.

pokemon_looker

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a super card sd and my version is 2.58.
When I load Pokemon Diamond sav (nds.sav) apperars this error on Pokesav

"FZ_,Â,«,È,CEZRA

Please help me!
frown.gif

Giorgio31

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sure someone has already asked this but i can't seem to find an answer. I added some pokemon with pokesav but they don't appear in my pokedex is there a way to fix this without trading pokemon back and forth with another DS
nds.gif
??

zoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure someone has already asked this but i can't seem to find an answer. I added some pokemon with pokesav but they don't appear in my pokedex is there a way to fix this without trading pokemon back and forth with another DS
nds.gif
??

If you just add them to your boxes, you won't have them in your pokedex. The easiest ways around this are to edit the events in the following ways:

1) change the mining museum pokemon to the pokemon you like
2) create a mystery gift containing the pokemon
3) change the random wild pokemon
4) create a pokemon egg in your pc box and hatch the egg.

Theres probably other way but these are the easiest. Though may not create a legit pokemon depending on the pokemon you are after. However, you can use these to get your pokedex entry and download a duplicated legit pokemon.

sdnoob

Trophies
Website
sdnoob.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
nds.gif
??

Another way is to use PalPark, however the PalPark option only reads 256kb .pkms. But that's what I usually do with other generation Pokémons. Have Fun~!

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, people, I am in DESPERATE need of help. I have a friend who relies on me to edit his pokemon's IVs (he gives them to me through wifi) and I have been doing so for a quite a while now. Recently, he has told me his OT changed when he got it back, so I told him to give it back so I can change it. His OT is A NUB. When he gave it back, it was A?NUB. I was like wow idk why this happened, and put a space. When he got it back, he said it has two spaces. I checked it myself and he was right. It seems a space from the computer counts as two spaces in the game... The next day (today) he gave me another pokemon to edit. So before I edit it, the OT seems ok. He gets it back, and its A?NUB again. I'm like wtf?? So then gave me another pokemon and it has A NUB, perfectly fine. I press save, then go back to it. It has A(something that looks like an i)NUB. I've never seen that before, and in the game, it shows up as a ?. My questions are basically, how do you make a one space to appear in the game, and why does it mess with the spacing in the first place? Please help, I would appreciate it.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol