ROM Hack FAQ: PokeSav

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a little program I made to allow people to set met location for the new locations in HG/SS with out messing around with hex values. It also properly sets the pokeball data as well.

PKM files that are not the size of 136(storage) or 236(party) can not be loaded.

PKM files with hometowns that are not HeartGold or SoulSilver can not be loaded.

HGSSPKM.png

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3706406/Files/HGSS%20PKM.rar

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India
guy kinda asking a stipido question, but here it goes...

i did some amends to my save, (on soul silver rudolph patch save USA version) and when i put it into my cart, it starts a new game again

:/

whats up guys why is this hapening, so all in all SS save aint working for me... pelase help..

Gtfo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I have the English translation for the HG/SS Pokesav editor from projectpokemon.org and I was wondering if there's an option on there to change my Pokemon's gender?

I can't seem to find it, help?

~ Greg

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India
Gtfo said:
Hey guys,

I have the English translation for the HG/SS Pokesav editor from projectpokemon.org and I was wondering if there's an option on there to change my Pokemon's gender?

I can't seem to find it, help?

~ Greg

i think its in the attributes.. the same one in which you tick mark whether ur pokemon is shiny or not... the first "box" above it is male, the second, female.

sk8mystery23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, when I change the Pokeball my Pokemon are caught with it doesn't change in game... Oh well.

Edit: Nevermind, went a few pages back and learned about the 86h value. Thanks!

Crunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rockerzz182 said:
pokemon that i uploaded didnt register on my pokedex..i there a way to appear on my pokedex??
You can make them eggs and set them to hatch in a few steps, but then they won't have the level you want. You can also just hack the Pokemon you want's pre-evolution at one level before what you want it to be and just give it a Rare Candy. That's how I finished my Sinnoh Dex on Platinum.

Crunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UVERoo said:
Crunk said:
I believe the HG/SS version of PokeSav includes an option to change the rival's name.

Theres an option alright but you can't use it. It just stay gray you can't select and change like your own name.
If you can find the topic about removing badges there's a way to open up those options. I never tried it, but I assume that method will work with what you want to do.

kog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello i have some questions on pokesav (mainly for pokemon `editing`) for hg/ss;
what pokesav do i need to use with the U version of the games? im using the japanese translated english (v0.03) version, with the japanese game id `IPKJ a587d7cd` (for heartgold),
is this the same as the U version id?
if its not the same id, what is the correct id?
if im using the wrong pokesav, which version should i be using?
thank you in advance for any help
EDIT:id better mention that im using a r4 v1.18, i understand that the cheats used to only work on emulators but im hoping something has changes since then, i also have an un opened acekard 2i, which i purchased in beijing as i was there last for 9 days only to come back and find that pokemon ap had been patched >-

Djblue11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aman27deep said:
guy kinda asking a stipido question, but here it goes...

i did some amends to my save, (on soul silver rudolph patch save USA version) and when i put it into my cart, it starts a new game again

:/

whats up guys why is this hapening, so all in all SS save aint working for me... pelase help..
I had the same problem as you and found out the pokesav linked to this thread is outdated. Re download pokesav from project pokemon's website

Taellon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've been playing Soul Silver on my Acekard2i for a while now and am a fair ways through the game. If I were to buy a retail copy of the game(so that I can get the Pokewalker) would I be able to transfer my save file to the retail cart?

See here's the process I was thinking about. Load up my save file in Pokesav, use the AR code generator to turn it into an AR Code, then use the code through Nitro Hax(turns the Acekard2i into a AR) on a retail copy of the game.

My question is will this work? Also, is the Pokewalker worth it or should I continue not bothering with it?

ungmasters

Trophies
XP
Country
sk8mystery23 said:
Hmmm, when I change the Pokeball my Pokemon are caught with it doesn't change in game... Oh well.

Edit: Nevermind, went a few pages back and learned about the 86h value. Thanks!

someone has found the answer i was looking for but i can't seem to find it,
the change doesn't appear in game when i change the pokemon are caught with option how do i do it?
can someone tell me or direct me somewhere i can look

spiderben25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I have a problem when using Pokesav ; my nickname in the game is "Benoît" (my first name), with a ^ on the î, but when I load my save in Pokesav, it replaces the î by a ?, so when I go back to the game my new nickname is "Beno?t". Is it possible to keep my original nickname when I use Pokesav ?
I bought a NDS Adaptor Plus to edit my SS save, and I can't because it changes my nickname...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay