Fantasy Life Getting A Sequel On IOS and Android

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
It may be a pay or wait game, or may not. Not all games for mobile platforms are freemium. There are quality titles out there, and i am sure that many video game companies have realized that. Level-5 are not stupid, they have extensive experience as a "hard core" gaming company, and they know they can't afford to lose their fans. They don't have the size to compete with mobile behemoths many times their size, so they have to offer something different to compete. We have enough "sagas" and "clashes" out there...

I am pretty sure gaming on mobile will improve considerably during the next years. For one, those devices have incredible specs, even a low cost mobile phone is far more powerful than a N3DS. Second, there is a really large install base for those games. Not all want to play stupid time wasters. There is room for AAA games on mobile devices.

I own many AAA games on my Android tablet. My tablet has physical gamepad buttons attached too. I love playing the GTAs on the thing, banner saga, valiant hearts, xcom etc, games that are ported from the PC, most of them AAA... There is Star Wars KOTOR as well, Max Payne, Baldur's Gate and other games i don't remember right now...

True, most are old games and many people have already played them, myself included. But many more have not. There is a market for those. Just be patient, the mobile gaming market is still on a transition phase.

Nope, it is definitely a "freemium" model, though quite possibly a "pay full price then pay even more or be forced to wait forever". If you check the screenshots you can see a diamond with the standard plus symbol in the top right corner.

D

Deleted User

This. Smart devices were the perfect system for the first FL, as it was easily the most cashgrab game of the system, it was built purely for DLC, and the pricing was atrocious. Rather than being disappointed it may turn out bad, I'm glad the franchise found its real home.
While I agree that the on-cart day-one DLC was a very shady and questionable move, you can hardly say "it was built purely for DLC" if there is only one DLC.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
While I agree that the on-cart day-one DLC was a very shady and questionable move, you can hardly say "it was built purely for DLC" if there is only one DLC.
Actually in japan the base game released with several DLC packs, and then they released a "definitive" version which contained all the previously released DLC, into one full-priced release. The original, base game, had a lower price (again in JP), with the DLC chunks being planned ahead, that's why I said the game was made for DLC, that was the idea behind it.

It got changed around for the western release, however in the west there is an in-between version which is sold at full price, yet it doesn't have all the content of the complete edition, you need to purchase an external DLC, which was originally included in the "definitive" japanese re-release (itself being sold for a standard full-priced game) - at the end of the day, the game costs more in the US/EU for the same amount of content.

Just trying to describe it is so complicated. DLC is frustrating.

D

Deleted User

Actually in japan the base game released with several DLC packs, and then they released a "definitive" version which contained all the previously released DLC, into one full-priced release. The original, base game, had a lower price (again in JP), with the DLC chunks being planned ahead, that's why I said the game was made for DLC, that was the idea behind it.

It got changed around for the western release, however in the west there is an in-between version which is sold at full price, yet it doesn't have all the content of the complete edition, you need to purchase an external DLC, which was originally included in the "definitive" japanese re-release (itself being sold for a standard full-priced game) - at the end of the day, the game costs more in the US/EU for the same amount of content.

Just trying to describe it is so complicated. DLC is frustrating.

I didn't know about the bunch of DLC for the initial Japanese version. I always thought the difference between it and FL Link! was the multiplayer mode and some new quests. Thanks for clearing that up.

Even after playing the European version for roughly 47 hours I didn't buy the Origin Islands DLC because it was not only a day-one DLC but had a size of just 1 Block, so I figured I'd be paying 8€ just to unlock it.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't know about the bunch of DLC for the initial Japanese version. I always thought the difference between it and FL Link! was the multiplayer mode and some new quests. Thanks for clearing that up.

Even after playing the European version for roughly 47 hours I didn't buy the Origin Islands DLC because it was not only a day-one DLC but had a size of just 1 Block, so I figured I'd be paying 8€ just to unlock it.
Yeah, it was just activating the warp that gave you access to the locked content. Worst part was that people who bought dlc couldn't interact with those who didn't, so people were turned off from buying it even if they wanted to.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Yeah, it was just activating the warp that gave you access to the locked content. Worst part was that people who bought dlc couldn't interact with those who didn't, so people were turned off from buying it even if they wanted to.
Yes, I totally forgot about the fact that you wouldn't be able to play with people who didn't buy the DLC. So many stupid decisions for an otherwise great game.

What worries me the most about the mobile release is the control scheme, though if it's a free to play game or has lots of in app purchases I won't bother anyway.

Reactions: Margen67

kirekun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to wait 5 minutes before any action. This involves:

1. Gathering Materials
2. Producing Crafts
3. Killing a monster
4. Turning in a Bounty
5. Talking to Villagers.

Get 3 actions for $100.

Why did i even bother supporting this title if the next iteration is spot on dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu