Fans attempt to recreate Megaman Legends 3

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So besides the "Capcom Sucks" argument why has Capcom not released a new Mega Man game in years? I mean really why have they not made a new one yet?

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So besides the "Capcom Sucks" argument why has Capcom not released a new Mega Man game in years? I mean really why have they not made a new one yet?

Video games take time to make, and finding the right idea when you have made a fanbase so mad is hard. Keep in mind that not just legends has been canned but the X MMO, and the megaman classic stage builder game. With the only game we have had recently being the social game rockman Xover. So something is probably cooking, many things really, but goodness knows how many have been shot down half way through cause they wouldn't appeal right. Like the Megaman X first person shooter, which looked rad but many people would have gotten pissy over.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Video games take time to make, and finding the right idea when you have made a fanbase so mad is hard. Keep in mind that not just legends has been canned but the X MMO, and the megaman classic stage builder game. With the only game we have had recently being the social game rockman Xover. So something is probably cooking, many things really, but goodness knows how many have been shot down half way through cause they wouldn't appeal right. Like the Megaman X first person shooter, which looked rad but many people would have gotten pissy over.
The first person shooter would have been a gold medal winner, but Capcom decided good ideas are bad ideas.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How long until Capcom makes a Cease and Desist letter? (Or maybe they will go "Sure, you got our approval, just save the Mega Man name!")
Well, in this case, can someone make a Star Force 4? Man, I miss the battle system. :P

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
As a big fan of Mega Man myself, I love how fans are doing there best to keep Mega Man alive and relevant. I wish I could say the same for Bomberman for instance...That series just seems to disappear over time. I mean just because you may not care about Mega Man, others do or might....I mean what if all this Mega Man jazz was happening to [Insert favorite game/game series here]....I can almost bet people who bitch about Mega Man fans would commence their own bitching...just saying

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
opinions, opinions everywhere, but not a thought to think.

i like how people decide that legends doesnt have a fan base because they decided so.

there havent been a new megaman in the main timeline since 2007 (not counting downloadable only megaman 9 and 10) and counting spinoffs since 2008.

last legends game was in 2000 and if they go back 11 years to an old series with a full blown game they could in theory develop a new megaman X by next year.

by now, 6 years without a megaman game (and even if you count megaman 9 and 10 its 4 years without a megaman game) only nintendo, might 9 and this fan project are the only ones that are maintaining the series alive

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
opinions, opinions everywhere, but not a thought to think.

i like how people decide that legends doesnt have a fan base because they decided so.

there havent been a new megaman in the main timeline since 2007 (not counting downloadable only megaman 9 and 10) and counting spinoffs since 2008.

last legends game was in 2000 and if they go back 11 years to an old series with a full blown game they could in theory develop a new megaman X by next year.

by now, 6 years without a megaman game (and even if you count megaman 9 and 10 its 4 years without a megaman game) only nintendo, might 9 and this fan project are the only ones that are maintaining the series alive

That is another part that hurts legends 3, a ton of people think it is a spin off. An not part of the main time line at all. Probably cause the hardest game in the series to find, and the most expensive if you do is the only one to explain and give insight into how bad wily, and sigma fucked the planet.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Why wouldn't you count the downloadable titles? Both seem to be made in the spirit and form of the older titles and well received by those that care for the older titles.

There was also an IOS game back in 2012, however you can probably dismiss that one. Before that there was zero collection back in 2010.

On bomberman that seemed to be more the swallowing of Hudson, there are plenty of open source/fan ports/remakes/homages as well. Check out a games section of any linux repo you care to have access to. A couple of those have all sorts of options to turn it into all sorts of things.

As for what if it happened to [favourite series]... it has, several times already and probably will again. You find another thing to enjoy, especially as themes rarely seem to die out completely in games and especially not now we once more have a thriving independent games development scene.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wouldn't you count the downloadable titles? Both seem to be made in the spirit and form of the older titles and well received by those that care for the older titles.

There was also an IOS game back in 2012, however you can probably dismiss that one. Before that there was zero collection back in 2010.

On bomberman that seemed to be more the swallowing of Hudson, there are plenty of open source/fan ports/remakes/homages as well. Check out a games section of any linux repo you care to have access to. A couple of those have all sorts of options to turn it into all sorts of things.

As for what if it happened to [favourite series]... it has, several times already and probably will again. You find another thing to enjoy, especially as themes rarely seem to die out completely in games and especially not now we once more have a thriving independent games development scene.
after what they did with megaman 7 8 and bass i dont see the reason they have to go back to 8 bit unless they needed a cheap way to make fast cash out. the original games were made that way because of the restrictions of the time, today they could have used handrawed sprites and still feel the spirit of the older titles

hell they could even used the megaman powered up engine for the psp

as for the zero collection, i said new main timeline game...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well that is a logic I have not heard from megaman fans before, by all means have it and have it as a reason you might not care for it but I am not sure we can dismiss them because of it.

That collection thing was directed more at spinoffs and the like.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually watched the video to the end. It also made me realize I haven't finished Legend 2 :x

Soopy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very excited for this! I don't get people criticizing the people making this game when it's their passion. Also the graphics looks great. It has the same style of the previous 2 games.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was gonna say something deep and meaningful, but this is just tiring me.

Video looks good. If the can get past the C&Ds, great for them. I hope they actually complete it and let people see the final project, because I feel maybe it is just this series that is doomed unlike the others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."