Fan-made Fallout: New Vegas mod "New California" to launch later this year

Bethesda games are known for their modding communities, and 2010's Fallout: New Vegas is no stranger to that fact. Now, after 5 years of efforts by a team of fans, the expansive mod "Fallout: New California" is almost complete. Originally revealed in 2013 as "Project Brazil", it was a mod that would include a brand new story, set as a prequel to New Vegas, with new companions, characters, and side quests. As of June 1, the main story and integral features to New California are complete, but the modding team claims that they'll be working on adding side quests before they fully release the modpack on October 23.

For those interested, there will be a beta signup around July, where a limited version of the mod will be given out to be tested, letting players get a glimpse of what the mod entails. Over 100 amateur voice actors, programmers, writers, and composers have been involved with creating content for the mod.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Except the PS4 and Xbone both officially support mods, for devs that can both supporting them anyways. There are restrictions, of course, but for the most part the only thing missing are mods that drastically change original files and things like prostitution mods that's kind of it.
They support mods for a few select games.* PC supports mods even for games that don't. New Vegas in specific obviously does support mods, but despite that I don't believe any of the console versions do.

Last edited by Xzi,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pass. I hate these type of mods that try to "expand" the universe. They're more poorly written than actual game content, have cringe-indicing amateur voice acting, and are mostly empty spaces. These mods are a step into someone's shitty headcanon.

And you know, I could forgive all of that if not for the awful Sims 2/3-imported hairstyle mods being unironically used.

I've tried many of these big mods in the past and never have they impressed me. I still have hopes for that Morrowind Skyrim thing, though.

Last edited by Pluupy,
D

Deleted User

afaik only skyrim officialy suported mods on ps4.
Then fallout 4 internal assets came out later on.Both of them being restricted to internal is pointless if you can't use trophys for a vanilla run.

Last edited by ,

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been hyped for this since the first beta and re-hyped when they made the shift from Project Brazil to New California. Consider me hyped for a third time! :grog:

CrazyButtStabber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only time I remember Bethesda having an issue with a mod was the recreating of Fallout 3 in Fallout 4 engine.
However they seem to be fine with other recreations like Morrowind recreated in Oblivion and Morrowind and Oblivion in Skyrim. Even the New Vegas in Fallout 4 hasn't been shutdown.
This mod looks to be mostly original content so I doubt this will get a C&D.
Also from what I've read, It was because the modders were using the official voice actors from fallout 4's voices rather than recording their own, which I guess would have lead to legal trouble with third parties.
Sorry Bethesda, I'm pretty sure this is guaranteed to be better than whatever Fallout 76 is. Then again, New Vegas was the best modern Fallout game and it was developed by Obsidian, so... :ha:
Fallout 3 was better IMO

Last edited by CrazyButtStabber,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: The animators knew what they were doing.