Hacking [Fake] Nintendo Maintenance Plans Rumors Blocking CDNSP

Bellebite2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Nintendo took down their network for maintenance
Once its comes back up CDN will be dead for good

NOTHING happened during today's maintenance. What about waiting for something to ACTUALLY happen before switching to drama queen mode? If you need drama in your boring life, you just check tmz.com

I can't wait to see your next thread: "Miyamoto coffee break was 10 mn longer than usual yesterday, it can only mean one thing, we will all get BANNED!"

God help us...

Last edited by Bellebite2000,

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if i don't want the game?

Right of first sale says you can use the cartridge any way you want to. If you want to use it to prop a door open, you are legally allowed to do so. What you cannot do is redistribute its contents, because that is covered under copyright law.

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Then don’t buy it. When you ran unsigned code you lost the right to use their servers. You’re basically in the same boat as people without internet. Internet on the console is a privilege, it’s not guaranteed.

Yeah, I did.
What if i sell the switch? The new owner did nothing wrong. Does he deserve to be banned too? What personal id does the console have on me? Can i call Nintendo, claim that i bought a second hand console and that it doesn't update? What then?

Theres a ton of discussion regarding the CDNSP ban in that EU GDPR thread. If you want, we can further discuss there.

From that thread:
Ideally, this would be used to wipe that data too. Say for instance, you want to sell your console, but nintendo has forced the issue that content is tied to a console ID. You do not want to sell your collection, just the console-- and or-- You want to sell the console, and do not want to become complicit in allowing a 3rd party access to material they did not make a contractual agreement to get access to.

This would be combined with Right to Repair legislation findings, which forces nintendo to acknowledge effective restoration of hardware to service or resale, even if THEY did not do the restoration.

EG, you bought a banned console, you restored the console to "factory" condition with a proper firmware image, (and thus removed 100% of the piracy related stuff from the unit), thus restoring it to function, and are now alerting nintendo to this fact. "Please delete all data on file about this console, it has been returned to proper service."

Ideally, they would delete *ALL DATA* on file about that console, and allow it to return to service.

Last edited by LightOffPro,

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Yeah, I did.
What if i sell the switch? The new owner did nothing wrong. Does he deserve to be banned too? What personal id does the console have on me? Can i call Nintendo, claim that i bought a second hand console and that it doesn't update? What then?

What makes you think any manufacturer has a responsibility for secondhand goods purchased in an unknown condition?

Reactions: andijames

xIce101x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I did.

Theres a ton of discussion regarding the CDNSP ban in that EU GDPR thread. If you want, we can further discuss there.

From that thread:
Do they unban Xbox or PlayStations in the EU when they get sold second hand? Didn’t think so. They’re not responsible for second hand used console sales. They have no way to prove the console is unmodified or was even sold second hand.

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do they unban Xbox or PlayStations in the EU when they get sold second hand? Didn’t think so. They’re not responsible for second hand used console sales. They have no way to prove the console is unmodified or was even sold second hand.
lol they think the have the right to repair it lol its not a repair if ur installing not authorized content onto ur switch

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People love to speculate, and when there's little information to go around that's what ends up happening.

Agreed.

*edited*

Yeah, I did.

From that thread:

I agree.

Last edited by Cyan, , Reason: you know you can't

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only thing they did is add the new security checks for 3ds game updates and DLC basically dealing the final blow to freeshop

Saintseiya911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freeshopnx still works I'm on 0.0.1 with a updater and I had no problems using it this morning but yet I also have no ninid linked plus run threw airplane mode for usage so more likely I'll get a console ban which is what is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi