Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Anyone tried this on 2.1.0 ?

Does pega work on 2.x? I have heard conflicting reports. One says it works on 1.0 and 3.0 and another says 1.0 thorough 3.0.

I have a 2.x console i can test as soon as i get mine in the mail. I paid $0.40 shipping so i don't expect it to be here any time soon

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does pega work on 2.x? I have heard conflicting reports. One says it works on 1.0 and 3.0 and another says 1.0 thorough 3.0.

I have a 2.x console i can test as soon as i get mine in the mail. I paid $0.40 shipping so i don't expect it to be here any time soon
I got two from Amazon for 12 bucks free shipping hope they are the right ones lol

Last edited by WiiuGold,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
The real lead is buried here. :)

@RetroGamer_74 posted a version of the "launch into HBL" step by step (the wait five seconds, hit home part) on his github page, that has me currently on 3 for 3 on HBL launches after coldbood - using the HBL DNS (have ESP8266s lying around, but those are occupied at the moment (not for PS4 stuff) ;) ).

Also - the step by step he layed out is faster, and has fewer button entries than what I used to do in the past.

So major props for that.
Link: https://github.com/RetroGamer74/ESP8266_Homebrew_2.0_Switch_Pegaswitch/blob/master/README.md

If the "five seconds, hit home" method turns out to be a more reliable way to launch HBL thats worth quite a bit, because it has the potential to half the mocking around time in the menu, before getting anything launched. :)

edit: 4 out of 4, ... seems pretty reliable to me...

So the trick is (regardless if you use the ESP8266, or just the usual HBL DNS) to press OK on the "will now be closed" prompt, as ususal, then wait 5 seconds - then hit home, then after another 6 seconds you'll be on the main screen, where you can navigate to the gallery and start HBL.

Last edited by notimp,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone tried this on 2.1.0 ?
The chip does nothing to hack the console... Its just so you don't have to use PC and set up everything...

So its likely still only for FW 3.0.0.

all the chip do you can do it 4 free with your current PC+router... using the old method posted here on other thread...

ps: The chip won't install CFW or anything...

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by WiiuGold,
Reactions: peteruk and garyopa

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
I'm doing a Maxconsole theme one and TX one tomorrow .. it's a stand u buy off Amazon. For 12.99

I sand mine down and repaint it then glue it together add the theme to it then

Too bad you have to go thru all that 'resanding' down process, they should sell it bare for those that wish to add a theme to it.

btw, sent you a file that might help you with your 'maxconsole' one.

Reactions: WiiuGold

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I'm now at 7/8 successful launches of HBL using the 5 second wait, then hit home "method", with only one crash into a black screen error message, when going through the "search for networks" option - which essentially isn't needed.

I say it once more - in the github readme - RetroGamer_74 described a more reliable way to get into HBL after a new boot or a restart.

If after booting up, the Switch doesnt instantly connect to a network, both the controller submenu and the gallery can be entered/left to try to trigger a connection attempt - once the switch has bars in the wifi signal graph - then press + on the game inserted, use the "update game shortcut" to initialize the connection that opens up the wifi landing page. Then follow the steps in the readme (press OK on the close prompt, wait five seconds, press home, wait 6 seconds, navigate to gallery).

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?