Fake dead pixel?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by nervx, Jan 26, 2014.

1. nervx
    OP

nervx GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2006
    Canada
    my 3ds recently acquired what I thought was a dead pixel. its a lot more noticeable in person and can be seen most of the time as it kind of shimmers.

[​IMG]

the strange thing is if I tilt the screen a few degrees away from me just before the 3D breaks it disappears but its always visible if I tilt towards me. the screen is clean and scratch free. I cant see anything trapped under the screen either.

so I took another picture to check the pixels.
    [​IMG]

everything is working but there's that tiny thing the size of half a sub-pixel. surely something that small shouldn't be visible when larger dust particles on the screen cant be seen so wtf is going on? The main reason I ask is because it looks like another one is forming near this one but nothing shows on camera.

2. Öhr

Öhr GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2006
    Gambia, The
    might be crack or something in the glass/plastic, that lets the light through differently, depending on the angle.
    I doubt its fixable and you are probably lucky that the liquid subpixel isn't damaged

3. UltraMew

UltraMew GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY

Banned
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    Flying a blue hedgehog around
    Like half my screen is filled with something like that.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Could be a very small scratch or something? Hard to say.