1. KeoniAzugon

KeoniAzugon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Tend to deal with this as well. In interior (Central Mexico) its like E1ite007 mentionen. The lowest seen in the city would be $350 Mexican pesos and its a poor job thats been done. I tend to fix these issues then inform the user some basic knowledge as well as provide support for $450 mexican Pesos for almost all consoles.

E1ite007 likes this.
  2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

well I guess it all just falls down to how why and where your doing the work, I mainly only mod consoles for friends and family at this point, so it really is just a few quid for time/parts, I guess if your selling it as a service $10 is a bit on the low side, I know at one point when I was doing hardmods I was doing them low at first, but there was too much demand and not enough time in the day, so I ended up bumping the price up twice just to better control the demand, once another modder in the UK jumped onboard and supply eased up I dropped the price back down a bit, this was all before NTRboothax was a thing, so I guess as with most things the price is set by the market really, if you do it too cheaply you end up getting to swamped in consoles to mod and mistakes get made if your not careful, too high and you won't get any customers at all, just play about with your price to find the optimal price point

As a little tip for anyone doing consoles at that point I used to make a nand backup from peoples consoles and archived them, then deleted them after about 6 months if I didn't hear anything back from them again, I did include a backup on their SD too, but even then I had about 4 people manage to screw up their consoles and accidentally update their sysnand or brick their console, but again at this point thanks to NTRboothax its pretty much impossible to irrecoverably brick a 3DS....the switch on the other hand if you mod those it would probably be an idea to keep a backup of the PRODINFO along with the console serial number for safe keeping

Last edited by gamesquest1, May 9, 2020
    KeoniAzugon and E1ite007 like this.
  3. Azerus_Kun

OP Azerus_Kun Member
    Newcomer

Uruguay
    i've read the replies and settled on 10 dollars, for some reason even if most people are used to using both UYU and USD they somehow preffer the latter, like, if i charged 450 UYU (roughly 10 USD) i will probably not get as much people as i would charging in dollars
    i will probably give the option of
    1-getting a DVD with a copy of the nand backup (i have a lot of dvds arround and even if i were to run out they are not expensive
    2-keep a cloud backup of the nand for a time period (6 months should be enough) and delete it as time passes or if i run out of space (with how much space cloud services give i may only be able to keep a few)
    3-get the nand backup on a pendrive, but they would have to bring their own
    as i said previously, due to my lack of experience on switch modding i will not mod them, a brand new switch is 600 USD, a new n3ds xl is 400, but i have little to risk of messing up

KeoniAzugon and E1ite007 like this.
  4. Azerus_Kun

OP Azerus_Kun Member
    Newcomer

Uruguay
    i know this is an old thread by now, but as i was looking for a new 3ds xl (my hands have become too big for my new 3ds) i came across one that said "Destrabada" (Unlocked) which is way better than chipeada

5. E1ite007

E1ite007 Weird avatar guy

Mexico
    Actually "trabado" is more like jammed. Yeah, I know it means locked also, but jammed suits better what we latiamericans mean with "trabado".
    It would then be unjammed... gross.

6. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

United States
    i use to do it for 20$.
    More if you wanted.....uhh...your personal cartridges ripped on the console

7. Azerus_Kun

OP Azerus_Kun Member
    Newcomer

Uruguay
    weird, it's always been the opposite to me, but maybe it's because my country's spanish dialect is just different
    so it would be fair to charge extra for that?

8. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

United States
    yep, the price of convivence, 20$ hacking and 2$ per game in bulks of 5 games minimum. (for...owned rips...of course...):creep:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - modding, price,